Here's that cool tournament calculator.

http://bball.notnothing.net/bigeast.php?sport=mbb
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Here's that cool tournament calculator.

http://bball.notnothing.net/bigeast.php?sport=mbb
    Thanks!

What we really need to happen is Xavier win out and Seton Hall beat Uconn and then St. Johns beat Seton Hall.

That would put us a the number 3 spot playing the winner of the 6/11 game.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Thanks!

What we really need to happen is Xavier win out and Seton Hall beat Uconn and then St. Johns beat Seton Hall.

That would put us a the number 3 spot playing the winner of the 6/11 game.
    Hey. Could happen.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

If X gets the win at Marquette, It's basically assured that we play in the 4-5 game against the winner of SJU vs SHU. Lose and we probably get the 6 seed vs DePaul....deja vu?

Best I can tell the top 3 seeds are set. Even if UConn should lose to GTown, they still get the 3. If GU does win, and X loses, looks like we get Butler on day 1.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    If X gets the win at Marquette, It's basically assured that we play in the 4-5 game against the winner of SJU vs SHU. Lose and we probably get the 6 seed vs DePaul....deja vu?

Best I can tell the top 3 seeds are set. Even if UConn should lose to GTown, they still get the 3. If GU does win, and X loses, looks like we get Butler on day 1.
    We are the last game of the day Saturday so win ir lose we will know our seed and opponent at the end of our game. If we win I would rather play Seton Hall because the present the better win and the "better" loss, even though I think we need to win Marquette and BE game to feel for sure safe.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

So, the draw in the BET is favorable considering X is 3-1 vs the first 2 scheduled opponents, with an additional win vs PC who would be a preferable match up in the semi finals.

You have to believe that we will be favored by 5-6 vs BU and Vegas could have the spread somewhat close vs CU because of the way things went in the prior 2.

All sets up for a decent shot at the finals IMO.

I could definitely see that Marquette team getting to the finals. Villanova is hobbled with Gillespie out and Moore injured Saturday. The 4-5 teams are both very beatable especially if Justin Lewis gets hot. Would love to play the rubber match vs MU for the championship!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-07-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Supporting Member
    They’ll be lucky to beat butler with this idiot as coach. Tandy almost saves the bacon against gtown..5 minutes tonight. steele is a garbage coach.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-07-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    They’ll be lucky to beat butler with this idiot as coach. Tandy almost saves the bacon against gtown..5 minutes tonight. steele is a garbage coach.
    while I agree Tandy should play more, he's not the answer. He got into the game early last night and did not play well. At least Kunkel isn't afraid to drive, Tandy chucks wild 3s, or he takes one step in and attempts the lowest percentage shot in basketball. He should get some more time, but there are much bigger deficiencies in this program right now than our backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    while I agree Tandy should play more, he's not the answer. He got into the game early last night and did not play well. At least Kunkel isn't afraid to drive, Tandy chucks wild 3s, or he takes one step in and attempts the lowest percentage shot in basketball. He should get some more time, but there are much bigger deficiencies in this program right now than our backcourt.
    So when Kunkel and Paul are going 1-12 from three and the team is shooting 15% you don’t think it’s a good idea to try to play the guy who if he gets hot, he could go off and you win the game? That’s the problem with Steele, he is too afraid to try something different. Xavier lost for one reason last night and that is because they couldn’t throw the ball in the ocean. If They shoot 32% from 3, which isn’t great, they win the game. If they make simple layups, they win the game. Tandy knocked down a shot, was 1-3 with a steal, was playing fine on defense and then never plays again. He is shooting 36% from three. When your team is shooting 11% through 25 minutes of play, you may want to see if he can come in and heat it up.

So, the draw in the BET is favorable considering X is 3-1 vs the first 2 scheduled opponents, with an additional win vs PC who would be a preferable match up in the semi finals.

You have to believe that we will be favored by 5-6 vs BU and Vegas could have the spread somewhat close vs CU because of the way things went in the prior 2.

All sets up for a decent shot at the finals IMO.

I could definitely see that Marquette team getting to the finals. Villanova is hobbled with Gillespie out and Moore injured Saturday. The 4-5 teams are both very beatable especially if Justin Lewis gets hot. Would love to play the rubber match vs MU for the championship!!
    Can I have some of what you’re smoking? That has to be some righteous shit if you’re thinking that. After these last two games, I fully expect a loss to Butler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.