Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    This is by far the least excited I've been for a Big East Tournament since Xavier joined the league. I'm sure once tip time approaches my apathy will wear off, but right now I just don't see a whole lot of reason for optimism.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This is by far the least excited I've been for a Big East Tournament since Xavier joined the league. I'm sure once tip time approaches my apathy will wear off, but right now I just don't see a whole lot of reason for optimism.
    I'm only starting to get somewhat excited after seeing and realizing how bad the rest of the bubble has sucked and seeing that the majority of bracketologists still have X in. Its amazing to me that we have a legit chance still if we just beat Butler. Would seemingly be a lock if we win 2.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I am on your side.

I trust our leadership is on your side, and I trust their disposition on this matter.

This is a message board and it comes with passionate fans, but those fans here are comparatively few in number, when compared to the entire fan base.

I agree with many hear that Travis has a number of areas to clean up when it comes to his coaching skills and judgment calls with respect to his personnel.

But I also realize a few things:

1. He knows more than anyone here about what is going on inside the program with his personnel. We do not have all of the facts here.

2. He was dealt a tough hand on the way in with respect to his roster composition.

3. He was dealt a blow last season when he lost Scruggs for the last three games.

4. This Covid season has absolutely screwed everything up for everyone. Nothing is normal this year. Some teams have been more fortunate than others. I do not consider the Xavier program to be in that group.

5. We lost Nate Johnson, and other personnel apparently have not been available from time to time.

I don’t like the late season losses, especially with everything on the line. I understand and agree with the issues having to do with playing certain personnel versus others. I agree that Carter has been given too much playing time, even though he’s a great kid who works hard.

Travis needs to get better, but he deserves more time. It frankly is that simple. Everyone can continue to chew on all of this here until you become blue in the face, but that is not going to change anything.

By the way, small point, but Travis praised his players after the loss, insofar as he praised them for playing hard. If’s and but’s, yada yada yada, but if a few more threes had dropped, this would be a very different conversation.
    Fair and I’ve been impatient myself. I think we all are done with patience in most areas of life and want X, our team, our school to win as a form of release. I do. I’ve decided to turn my frustrations back into fun (unrealistic as it may be) and believe this group is going to put it together and give the BET fits. If they don’t. Well, that’s how it goes but it’s going be much more fun believing in and cheering for X like a loon than making this part of my life another giant crap sandwich from a dud of a year.

I believe in X. We’ve won 4 in a row to go dancing before. Why the hell not this year!

Let’s go X! Let’s go X!

Just have to make shots. They do that and they will win games. It’s really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Just have to make shots. They do that and they will win games. It’s really that simple.
    We hit the ball we win the game, Tony Perez. Sometimes it is that simple....