Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
Like Carter or not, he's pretty versatile and moves well defensively for his size. They had him on Champagnie from St John's b/c of his size and length. Bryan Griffin can't do that. Very disappointing that he never really developed any other offensive tools that what he brought to X from OU. He's been a solid player though........

I agree that he has been a valuable player in many ways. He was the leading rebounder on the team earlier in the season and has still done a decent job at that in BE play. He plays good team defense and doesn’t turn the ball over a lot (other than his offensive fouls). Can’t really ask anymore of him that what he’s given. He is what he is. Unfortunately X has needed him to start and play a bunch of minutes. I think that’s more a testament to the lack of quality players X has in the position now, than it is a testament to his all round game. He’s a good player, but not always a smart player. As a 4 year player, I’d like to see him stop trying to do things that by now he should realize he can’t. But I don’t think that X has a for certain viable replacement, all they have is some player that MIGHT be viable replacements and that WILL be called on to fill his spot next year and the years after that.