Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WANTED: Xavier's very own Bracketologist

There are a few (maybe more) on this board that watch way more basketball, understand basketball, know players, teams and match-ups, and just plain obtain way more information and knowledge that I (that would include virtually everyone on this board, except Snipe).

What I have wondered is why we don't have one or two of our own official in house brackelogist and not just depend on the usual idiots and then criticize their choices.

Surely someone here must be up for the challenge.

Any volunteers or nominations?

Our nominations so far (should you choose to accept this mission):

HENRYMUTO
    LamontSanford
    xubrew
    Nigel Tufnel
    GoMuskies
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 02-16-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

HenryMuto is your guy.

I nominate XUBrew. He watches more basketball than most on here combined.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

I'll second the motion.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

All-Conference
    X I think will be favored in 3 of their remaining 6...they are 2 point dogs to St. John’s. Anyways, if they go 3-3 the rest of the way...I wonder if they are still safely in?

Junior
    The top bracketologist has them as the best 9 seed as of today. Obviously it would depend on who the wins and losses came to- I’d guess 3-3 puts them on The right side of the bubble, maybe the play in game. But if one of those 3 wins were against Creighton then safely in. Wonder if the bubble benefits a bit this year if less conference tournaments happen. Less bid thieves...wonder how many conferences even go that route anyways.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The top bracketologist has them as the best 9 seed as of today. Obviously it would depend on who the wins and losses came to- I’d guess 3-3 puts them on The right side of the bubble, maybe the play in game. But if one of those 3 wins were against Creighton then safely in. Wonder if the bubble benefits a bit this year if less conference tournaments happen. Less bid thieves...wonder how many conferences even go that route anyways.
    Saw where the Big East announced it WILL have it's post season tournament at the Garden. Unless we go on a slide, I find it counterproductive. And without many fans, kind of a waste of time, vs having a week of makeup games in a central location.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Saw where the Big East announced it WILL have it's post season tournament at the Garden. Unless we go on a slide, I find it counterproductive. And without many fans, kind of a waste of time, vs having a week of makeup games in a central location.
    Just doesn’t seem like a good idea to me either due to covid..tv contract obligations maybe?

I know time would be an issue, but maybe get in the bubble, play the last week of games, squeeze in some make-ups and/or play a double elimination tournament.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Junior
    Isn't Big 10 moving their tournament to where March Madness will be played? And then just keeping the expected tournament teams there? Seems like a good plan if teams are good enough at following protocols, team should be healthy and good to go the whole month.