Page 27 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You assume he would either be hurt or have fouled out?
    Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Why wouldn't he be out there otherwise. He's the MAN!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Baylor barely gets past a hapless Iowa State team at home after a layoff that has been going on since February 2?

Post game interviews were very direct, in that they all mentioned how hard it was, coming back from such a long layoff.

Some of you guys have convinced me that Travis is failing with respect to his substitution patterns. Specifically, with Tandy, it may be a little egregious insofar as Tandy appears to be trying harder and has provided positive results on the floor, yet he is being limited.

Nonetheless, it is an absolute given that this has been a crazy, abnormal season.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Baylor barely gets past a hapless Iowa State team at home after a layoff that has been going on since February 2?

Post game interviews were very direct, in that they all mentioned how hard it was, coming back from such a long layoff.

Some of you guys have convinced me that Travis is failing with respect to his substitution patterns. Specifically, with Tandy, it may be a little egregious insofar as Tandy appears to be trying harder and has provided positive results on the floor, yet he is being limited.

Nonetheless, it is an absolute given that this has been a crazy, abnormal season.
    I would bet that none of us really know how hard it is to come back from an extended layoff mid-season, and I'm willing to accept we may not be giving the team enough credit for that. I do think Xavier was someone uniquely positioned to struggle coming out of an extended layoff due to our having a lot of new players coupled with a reliance on perimeter shooting. We will see how they look tonight, but they should be rounding back into form if the layoff was the problem.

Some of the themes are multi-season which obviously adds to the level of concern a bit.
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I would bet that none of us really know how hard it is to come back from an extended layoff mid-season, and I'm willing to accept we may not be giving the team enough credit for that. I do think Xavier was someone uniquely positioned to struggle coming out of an extended layoff due to our having a lot of new players coupled with a reliance on perimeter shooting. We will see how they look tonight, but they should be rounding back into form if the layoff was the problem.

Some of the themes are multi-season which obviously adds to the level of concern a bit.
    Yep completely agree with this 1000%. I didn't give them enough leeway in the return from the layoff, so that is my bad and I have changed my tune on that one. Yet, it is the multi-season same mistakes that I am seeing from Steele that is giving me as a fan, concern. I know that some don't think we are supposed to take much from a press conference, and to an extent I agree, but I actually see this as a beacon into how a coach thinks and feels about the game and his team itself, and Steele doesn't give me warm fuzzies. He seems extremely stubborn and almost comes off as condescending which to me, is not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post

Agreed. How much of the multi-season stuff is on Travis and his coaching ability versus decisions he made - had to make - as a function of the initial roster constraints, and perhaps the team chemistry issues he faced.

He has - and continues - to make some baffling decisions, according to our optics.

What would all of this had looked like had Mack had better recruiting results prior to his exit and had we never experienced COVID?

Who knows.
    X A V I E R

Please put Travis out of his misery. He has zero clue on how to coach. Zero!!!! Zero defense, zero offense, zero plays. He shouldn’t have a job after this year. He is awful. These poor kids have no clue what to do out there. Is there anyway we can get another 5 kids so we can run out 22 different players instead of 17! Awful awful.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Please put Travis out of his misery. He has zero clue on how to coach. Zero!!!! Zero defense, zero offense, zero plays. He shouldn’t have a job after this year. He is awful. These poor kids have no clue what to do out there. Is there anyway we can get another 5 kids so we can run out 22 different players instead of 17! Awful awful.
    If he sucks next year I agree that it probably would be time to make a move. No excuses next year. Thing is though guys are getting open looks and the players have to make shots. I mean they were 10% on threes first half against Butler and 11% tonight. That’s hard to do.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    If he sucks next year I agree that it probably would be time to make a move. No excuses next year. Thing is though guys are getting open looks and the players have to make shots. I mean they were 10% on threes first half against Butler and 11% tonight. That’s hard to do.
    We lose two of our top three players, can’t see how we’re better next year.

Sophomore
    Exactly. Why drag this on another year

Supporting Member
    Fire him. I’m beyond done with whatever stupid stubborn little man syndrome shit he has against kyky, and I’m sick of the love affair with white stiffs