Page 85 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think they said Freemantle got into it with a Butler player at the end of the game, I would be pretty surprised to see Freemantle, Odom, Jones, or Wilcher transfer.
    Odom isn’t going anywhere as long as Travis is here. They are tight. Zach would be a fool because Travis let’s him do what he wants he is a captain. Wilcher now he would be more likely. Have no idea but he doesn’t seem to be as tight with Travis but I could be wrong. He knows he will play a lot next year so that would he a plus for him. Have no idea if he enjoys being away from home. As for Free being upset he should be upset with himself. He missed a key defensive rebound that allowed a stick back late in the game that could have sealed the win and in the first half he also cost them 6 points because he didn’t find the shooter on back to back possessions because he was being lazy and that lead to 6 points. Lead went from 19 to 13 in like 30 seconds. So that’s on Zach. Should be pissed at himself. I don’t think Jones would leave either but he is probably more likely than Zach or Odom.

Junior
    Yeah, got the best of both worlds from Zach last night. He gave us the jolt when he came back in. But man, it’s like he has no clue how to defend the ball during a pick and roll. Never throws his hands up to defend the 3 and they drained one late on him because of it. Paul also had one he didn’t have his hands up and they drained a 3 late. Scruggs just sorta shook his head in disbelief the guy made it.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Do transfers still have to sit a year?
    Pretty sure that’s only a rule for the non blue bloods. (Sarcasm here)

But, yes, it is still the rule...for now. It’s been the thought by many insiders that the rule requiring a sit out year will be modified in the off season, and that starting next year the players will be allowed to transfer as undergrads 1X and not sit out.

I doubt very seriously that any of the top players transfer. I can see it with Tandy and I can also see Ramsey either retiring or transferring. Pretty obvious that Travis is not counting on either player being much of a contributor.

Of course, if X makes a change and Travis is no longer here next year, all bets are off.

All-Conference
    Every year guys transfer and this Board usually has a pretty good beat on who that might be.

Honestly, we may see several. I'd put money on KyKy, Ramsey, and one other surprise.

We're heading in the wrong direction. I don't think the players have confidence in Steele either.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    We're heading in the wrong direction. I don't think the players have confidence in Steele either.
    BINGO! Exactly what I was thinking as well. That is a problem. The only solution...dump Coach Aluminum.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

All-Conference
    Another fold down the stretch - Coach Aluminum indeed.

Crinkles like a Coke can - Steele my ass.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    It's time to cut bait. The Travis Steele experiment failed. Time to move on. Why wait until the end of next season when the roster could be even worse?!? Do it now.

In addition to KyKy transferring out, I gotta think that Deionte Miles, Daniel Ramsey and Freemantle will explore new homes elsewhere. Freemantle practically ripped his jersey off as he left the court. He was beyond pissed at the end of the game. This roster could very well implode and set us back 2-3 seasons.

Greg Christopher...time to earn your keep and make the right call...now!

A few weeks ago on possibly a different thread someone with high praise for Christopher described him as a strong executive and capable fund raiser. That’s analogous, in my opinion, to telling me that my blind date plays the piano and has a good personality. I recognize that my view of the AD position is parochial but I just an AD who equips us with the best men's basketball coach (Xavier) money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    A few weeks ago on possibly a different thread someone with high praise for Christopher described him as a strong executive and capable fund raiser. That’s analogous, in my opinion, to telling me that my blind date plays the piano and has a good personality. I recognize that my view of the AD position is parochial but I just an AD who equips us with the best men's basketball coach (Xavier) money can buy.
    Greg Christopher isn't just an AD. Is this abnormal?

Greg Christopher was promoted in July 2018 to Xavier University’s Vice President for Administration and Director of Athletics, following five years as AD. In this role, he serves on Xavier President Fr. Michael Graham’s leadership cabinet and oversees three university divisions: Human Resources, Intercollegiate Athletics and Marketing and Communications.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Every year guys transfer and this Board usually has a pretty good beat on who that might be.

Honestly, we may see several. I'd put money on KyKy, Ramsey, and one other surprise.

KyKy seems like a definite transfer. Not sure about Ramsey, with all of his injury issues. His PT may have as much to do with his health as a Coach's decision not to play him more.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore
    Been off this board mostly for the last couple years, in part because it’s just seemed so apparent that the program was adrift and hard to be excited about.

If circumstances were normal, I’d say it’s probably a year too soon to move on. These aren’t normal times. He probably deserves another year to show he has a plan for figuring things out. And they probably don’t have the money to move on anyway. I’ll also say that this years struggles from nearly all the true blue bloods shows that every college program is a bad recruit class/bad luck/bad injury from mediocrity. So, I try to keep things in perspective.

But let’s just say I’m not at all optimistic. He seems like a heck of a nice guy and I’m rooting for him, as ever. But everything he does - sideline demeanor, the huddle shots, media, social media - just suggest he’s in so very far over his head.

And while I struggle to describe why - it’s more “know it when you see it” - it is hard to feel like he has ever really had the confidence of or the backing of the players. Part of that is that Mack - never forget that he grabbed the first life vest he saw when the ship seemed like it would take on water - left the cupboard *so* bare and they were forced to go into the transfer market to keep the program/ship afloat. By nature coaches have not developed relationships with those players and it just seems like it shows.

These are the bad times.