Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

U Conn Villanova canceled Thursday due to official at UConn v Butler having virus

Does this kill our game too? This just came in via Connecticut alert as I live in Conn.

Junior
    Just posted this in the Xavier Basketball thread.

I would assume it means Butler game would be off....not sure what would make them different than UCONN

Though, UCONN was scheduled Nova game tomorrow. If Butler can't play, Big East should set up Nova and Xavier. Only reason not to is coaches not having enough time to prepare? Seems like one way to make up the earlier missed game at least.
    Last edited by Xavier; 01-27-2021 at 12:00 PM.

2021 is making 2020 look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Just posted this in the Xavier Basketball thread.

I would assume it means Butler game would be off....not sure what would make them different than UCONN

Though, UCONN was scheduled Nova game tomorrow. If Butler can't play, Big East should set up Nova and Xavier. Only reason not to is coaches not having enough time to prepare? Seems like one way to make up the earlier missed game at least.
    Other conferences have moved opponents due to COVID. At this point it would make sense to match opponents not in the COVID protocol to get some games in. These layoffs are getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    2021 is making 2020 look awesome.
    I have been saying for a while (since late 2020) that while I'm certainly happy to turn the page on 2020, we should expect the beginning of 2021 to suck pretty bad. So far it's delivered.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Other conferences have moved opponents due to COVID. At this point it would make sense to match opponents not in the COVID protocol to get some games in. These layoffs are getting ridiculous.
    Val Ackerman just got extended, and she needs to start getting creative asap....not much time left. I'm thinking, find a few suitable neutral sites and schedule 4 healthy teams for a weekend to play 3 games in 3 days. At the very minimum we need to start seeing some back to back games ala MVC.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Val Ackerman just got extended, and she needs to start getting creative asap....not much time left. I'm thinking, find a few suitable neutral sites and schedule 4 healthy teams for a weekend to play 3 games in 3 days. At the very minimum we need to start seeing some back to back games ala MVC.
    DePaul schedules a non-conference game with Valpo just to get a game in. X hasn't been the same since the first layoff. Concerned what they will look like when they start up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    DePaul schedules a non-conference game with Valpo just to get a game in. X hasn't been the same since the first layoff. Concerned what they will look like when they start up again.
    They should be fine. They have been practicing all week. Butler isn’t exactly healthy as they I think only had 7 or maybe 8 guys available last night. Just need to play games. And if Butler ends up cancelling, which they haven’t, Xavier needs to be searching for a non conference game if they can’t get a game with another BE school this weekend.

Junior
    It looks like the game got moved to Saturday in hopes of playing. I think the ref is going to re-test....doesn't look good

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    It looks like the game got moved to Saturday in hopes of playing. I think the ref is going to re-test....doesn't look good
    Is this just a guess of yours? I had heard that Butler has been testing clean and just wanted one more day of testing to be sure -- nothing to do with the ref re-testing.