Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Naji Marshall saved this program from having a total disaster of a record last year with his heroics.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    Weren’t you mad at Steele for not benching him? (and Godwin?) because he wouldn’t run the plays and offense coach wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Weren’t you mad at Steele for not benching him? (and Godwin?) because he wouldn’t run the plays and offense coach wanted?
    Nope. Find where I ever said that.
    I was always on Steele’s ass for misusing and underutilizing the talent he had- which he plenty of.

Naji played 3 minutes again last night. He was 0-1 (missed a 3-pointer). He had no other stats.

Glad it is working out for Naji. I thought he was seriously overhyped but still a good basketball player. If he can make money playing the game he loves, good on him. I wish him nothing but the best.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Nope. Find where I ever said that.
    I was always on Steele’s ass for misusing and underutilizing the talent he had- which he plenty of.
    Fair enough- I thought you were mad at Steele because he let players take over and do what they wanted without disciplining (benching) them. Must have been someone else, there were plenty of haters the last few years (myself included).

Naji played 2 minutes and scored 1 point last night (his first in the NBA).

Generally two way players salary is based on time with the G league team and time with the NBA team. For 2020-2021, these players can spend a max of 50 of the 72 games with the NBA team before their contract is converted to an NBA deal. The nice thing for these guys is instead of having a variable two way contract that can range from $77k to $385k a year, these deals are a fixed salary of $449k for just this year. Excellent gig for two-way players this year.

I actually think Naji has the game and the tools to develop into a really good NBA player.
    Maybe not as a starter, but definitely a rotation guy. He's got the size, athleticism and tough mindset. So tough he probably clashed with Steele over the last two years. NBA coaches don't put up with that iish though. (See Kevin Porter, Cavs trade)

Did I read somewhere that NBA rosters were set at 15 this year, up from 13. Obviously a short term change to address Covid roster issues.

I imagine Naji is a beneficiary of that. SOMETHING good, finally.