Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

Naji Marshall is in the NBA and playing

It is so confusing these days but I was surprised to see him playing as boredom gave me desire to look at rosters. I notice Trent forrest from our FSU loss is on roster along with Mann and Kalenbege on Clippers so sad to say the FSU talent was better than was presented in 2018. Naj was highly skilled all around player and I wish him well (although I know about all the intrigue of the last 2 years with the
    "core four"

Naji played three minutes on Friday and had an assist and a rebound. No points as of yet. But hey, he's on an NBA roster making an NBA salary.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Naji played three minutes on Friday and had an assist and a rebound. No points as of yet. But hey, he's on an NBA roster making an NBA salary.
    I think of all the X talent over the past 8-10 years, Naji had the best athletic long frame to smother others on defense and clearly shoot over defensive guards. Not as good a threat than most players but had a Kevin Durant-ish frame.

Junior
    I was shocked at how poorly he could dribble. I could see him sticking in the NBA. Better coaching and more time to dedicate to improving. He certainly has the athleticism and length.

Supporting Member
    Agreed with a lot on here. He has the body, measurables, and the athleticism to stick, especially if he commits on the defensive side every time he gets run. Two things he should be working on 24/7 (which I am sure he is) are shooting and ballhandling. Even if he can become average in both of those from an NBA standpoint, he will stick.

I think he's on a 2 way deal, which limits the number of NBA games he can play this year. I know some G League teams aren't playing this year, which means the 2 way players can be with the NBA club all year and at least practice with the team when they aren't active.

Slightly off topic, but with the Pacers decimated by a lot of injuries and what not Edmond Sumner had been starting/playing good minutes for them recently, his stats obviously aren't eye-popping but nice to see some X guys getting a good shake in the NBA.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Slightly off topic, but with the Pacers decimated by a lot of injuries and what not Edmond Sumner had been starting/playing good minutes for them recently, his stats obviously aren't eye-popping but nice to see some X guys getting a good shake in the NBA.
    Good call..for some reason, I forget about him quite a bit. Pacers are just never on tv so I guess that’s partly why

Watched Ed last night against the clippers. Partially to see Ed play and partially to see the Clippers cover the spread. I almost posted in the degenerate gambler thread, but the browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I was shocked at how poorly he could dribble. I could see him sticking in the NBA. Better coaching and more time to dedicate to improving. He certainly has the athleticism and length.
    He certainly has the athleticism and length. He just lacks a bit in some overall basketball skills- shooting and dribbling (which are kinda important).