Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wojo is awful. That is all.

Supporting Member
    League is just not very good this year. Nova, creighton (who I won’t trust in the tourney), and a bunch of mediocrity outside of X. Although I guess if bouknight comes back, ucon is a good team, I think.

Marquette needs to get rid of wojo. Guy might be able to recruit but holy hell he’s a terrible coach

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Anyone have any insight into why Wojo and Marquette can get 5 star/McDonald's AA players and we can't? Is it because Marquette's history? That they have been to a final 4? Dwyane Wade? Better facilities? Is Wojo just that good of a recruiter?

I think Wojo stinks and needs to go. Like Xville said, good recruiter but they've never done anything significant with him.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Anyone have any insight into why Wojo and Marquette can get 5 star/McDonald's AA players and we can't? Is it because Marquette's history? That they have been to a final 4? Dwyane Wade? Better facilities? Is Wojo just that good of a recruiter?

I think Wojo stinks and needs to go. Like Xville said, good recruiter but they've never done anything significant with him.
    Marquette recruiting is actually very similar to Xavier since they joined the Big East. Marquette in that time has had two top 50 players and one 5 star, Henry Ellenson, who was a Wisconsin kid. Xavier has recruited well and frustrating they can’t land a 5 star, but there are only 25 five stars each year, and Xavier is located smack dab in the middle of a ton of high major successful programs. Marquette’s three recruiting classes prior to the 2020 class, were rated on the lower end of all Big East teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    League is just not very good this year. Nova, creighton (who I won’t trust in the tourney), and a bunch of mediocrity outside of X. Although I guess if bouknight comes back, ucon is a good team, I think.

Marquette needs to get rid of wojo. Guy might be able to recruit but holy hell he’s a terrible coach
    Other than "maybe" the B1G I don't know any league that knocks it out of the park this year. The ACC is horrible, the Big 12 is underwhelming and the SEC is milquetoast. The Big East is ranked just below the SEC (basically tied for 3rd) in Torviks ratings ahead of the ACC and Pac 12. I don't subscribe to KenPom so I don't know how it shakes out there, but I think that it's just wide open this year as to quality teams in a weird season.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Other than "maybe" the B1G I don't know any league that knocks it out of the park this year. The ACC is horrible, the Big 12 is underwhelming and the SEC is milquetoast. The Big East is ranked just below the SEC (basically tied for 3rd) in Torviks ratings ahead of the ACC and Pac 12. I don't subscribe to KenPom so I don't know how it shakes out there, but I think that it's just wide open this year as to quality teams in a weird season.
    I agree it is kinda open this year in terms of final four aspirations, but league wise I think there are some strong conferences though it is pretty limited. Big 12 is pretty stacked, even with KU being down, and big 10 are the class. PAC 12 I honestly have not watched one game from that conference, but record wise they look strong.

In regards to Marquette, could you imagine the x fan base if Steele made only 2 tourneys in what will probably be 7 years and not one tourney win? That’s wojo. I’m not sure why they hang onto him.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-24-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Marquette recruiting is actually very similar to Xavier since they joined the Big East. Marquette in that time has had two top 50 players and one 5 star, Henry Ellenson, who was a Wisconsin kid. Xavier has recruited well and frustrating they can’t land a 5 star, but there are only 25 five stars each year, and Xavier is located smack dab in the middle of a ton of high major successful programs. Marquette’s three recruiting classes prior to the 2020 class, were rated on the lower end of all Big East teams.
    Isn't that freshman on Marquette this year who kind of killed us last game a McDonald's AA? I dont follow recruiting closely so maybe that doesn't automatically make you a 5 star but I figured it did.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Isn't that freshman on Marquette this year who kind of killed us last game a McDonald's AA? I dont follow recruiting closely so maybe that doesn't automatically make you a 5 star but I figured it did.
    From what I understand, there are generally only 25 5-stars per year given out. A McD AA wouldn’t necessarily be a 5-STAR recruit.

But it’s all subjective anyway, especially last year and this year where players haven’t been seen near as much as they were in years past. Many more of the evaluations being done are done based on tape than are based on in-person viewing. In addition, the players haven’t had near as much opportunity to play in front of scouts and coaches, or even to be taped, so expect to have many over or under rated. IMO recruiting rankings are way to overvalued.

Garcia was ranked 37th and a 4 star. Paul was ranked 34th when he came out. McDonald’s all Americans are chosen differently and not by rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Garcia was ranked 37th and a 4 star. Paul was ranked 34th when he came out. McDonald’s all Americans are chosen differently and not by rankings.
    Interesting, again I dont follow recruiting much but I had no idea a guy outside the top 30 would be a McD AA. Thanks for the info.