Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I'm not biting. I know exactly how you and others feel about Trump.
    Pretty interesting take for anyone to feel good or positively about Trump these days, no?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Today's Global Perspective

The soccer team that could foster Israeli-Arab unity

"We welcome the news that Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Nayhyan, a member of the United Arab Emirates' royal family, has purchased a 50% stake in the Beitar Jerusalem soccer club," states an editorial. "...Perhaps now, Beitar - which is infamous for its refusal to sign an Arab player and the anti-Arab chants of some of its hardcore fans... can shed its racist image and become a sporting model of Jewish-Muslim teamsmanship. ... Foreign ownership of football clubs in England has proved to be enormously successful. ... We can only hope that Beitar, which has been struggling financially and on the field in recent years, can return to its glory days. ...From now on, 'Yalla, Beitar!' should be a chant associated with sportsmanship and coexistence.

The Jerusalem Post / Jerusalem
    Balls of Steele!!

Sports IMO has been extremely instrumental towards breaking down racism.
    Balls of Steele!!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Pretty interesting take for anyone to feel good or positively about Trump these days, no?
    I’ll play. Obviously, not a trump fan...voted for him the first time, didn’t vote this past election due to my feelings about politicians in general nowadays. Anyways, to answer your quote above, I guess...what I’m just tired of is the blaming trump for everything.

A different story and comment here but even the nut job quanon horn man (who has been found to be basically a professional protestor) from the capitol storming is blaming trump for the stupid shit he decided to do.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I’ll play. Obviously, not a trump fan...voted for him the first time, didn’t vote this past election due to my feelings about politicians in general nowadays. Anyways, to answer your quote above, I guess...what I’m just tired of is the blaming trump for everything.

A different story and comment here but even the nut job quanon horn man (who has been found to be basically a professional protestor) from the capitol storming is blaming trump for the stupid shit he decided to do.
    Yeah I dont think Trump deserves all blame for all things by any stretch. And while I do think he deserves blame for what happened at the Capitol for anyone person who was there to blame Trump instead of themselves, on a singular/personal level, is dumb.

I don't know how anyone feels good about anything Trump has done lately though.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post

"We welcome the news that Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Nayhyan, a member of the United Arab Emirates' royal family, has purchased a 50% stake in the Beitar Jerusalem soccer club," states an editorial. "...Perhaps now, Beitar - which is infamous for its refusal to sign an Arab player and the anti-Arab chants of some of its hardcore fans... can shed its racist image and become a sporting model of Jewish-Muslim teamsmanship. ... Foreign ownership of football clubs in England has proved to be enormously successful. ... We can only hope that Beitar, which has been struggling financially and on the field in recent years, can return to its glory days. ...From now on, 'Yalla, Beitar!' should be a chant associated with sportsmanship and coexistence.

The Jerusalem Post / Jerusalem
    I hesitate to say this. I mean it strictly as an assessment of the soccer team and not as a political statement, so please look at it that way.

Beitar is the best club in Israel by a long shot, and are therefore in the Champions League playoffs (and sometimes the group stage of the UCL0 or Europa rather frequently as Israel's team. They have actually signed Muslim players before. The fans did not seem to like it, and the owner was nearly run out of town. Many fans thought the owner who initially did this bought the club with the intention of sabotaging it and angering the fans. That was actually the narrative. He hated the club, so he bought it and did something that he knew would make the fans mad. He wasn't so much interested in reform as he was making the fans mad. That's kind of a sad sad story.

EDIT: There is actually a documentary about it called "Forever Pure" if you want to check it out.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by bleedxblue View Post
    let's just blame trump for everything. Will that make everyone feel better?
    okay!!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I hesitate to say this. I mean it strictly as an assessment of the soccer team and not as a political statement, so please look at it that way.

Beitar is the best club in Israel by a long shot, and are therefore in the Champions League playoffs (and sometimes the group stage of the UCL0 or Europa rather frequently as Israel's team. They have actually signed Muslim players before. The fans did not seem to like it, and the owner was nearly run out of town. Many fans thought the owner who initially did this bought the club with the intention of sabotaging it and angering the fans. That was actually the narrative. He hated the club, so he bought it and did something that he knew would make the fans mad. He wasn't so much interested in reform as he was making the fans mad. That's kind of a sad sad story.

EDIT: There is actually a documentary about it called "Forever Pure" if you want to check it out.
    Very interesting.
    Balls of Steele!!

"We welcome the news that TRUMP, a member of the United Arab Emirates' unroyal family, has purchased a 50% stake in the Beitar Jerusalem soccer club," states an editorial. "...Perhaps now, Beitar - which is infamous for its refusal to sign a Daca player and the anti-Daca chants of some of its hardcore fans... can shed its racist image and become a sporting model of Daca - Anti-Daca teamsmanship. ... Foreign ownership of football clubs in England has proved to be enormously successful. ... We can only hope that Beitar, which has been struggling financially and on the field in recent years, can return to its glory days. ...From now on, 'Yalla, TRUMP!' should be a chant associated with sportsmanship and coexistence.

The XAVIERHOOPS.COM

Well maybe this will get more traction than the original. Yalla TRUMP y'all
    Balls of Steele!!

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel

An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel

A REALIST see a freight train

The TRAIN DRIVER sees three idiots standing on the tracks
    Balls of Steele!!