Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Global Perspective for the Day

Will international students return to the US?

"American colleges have expressed alarm about international admissions for most of Trump's presidency, saying it has discouraged foreign students from attending US schools, once viewed as the gold standard of higher education," states an editorial. "Biden's election will undoubtedly come as a relief for international students exploring colleges and other universities in the US. But given years of perceived unwelcoming policies towards immigrants and a loss of foreign students because of Covid-19 pandemic, winning them back may not happen overnight. ... Undoubtedly, one of the US strengths has always been linked to its ability to attract the world's top talent."

Gulf Times / Doha, Qatar
    Balls of Steele!!

Let's just blame Trump for everything. Will that make everyone feel better?

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Let's just blame Trump for everything. Will that make everyone feel better?
    I mean he deserves a lot of blame for a lot of things, wouldn't you agree?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    The us hasn’t been the gold standard of higher education for a few decades. That’s not trumps fault

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    The us hasn’t been the gold standard of higher education for a few decades. That’s not trumps fault
    I’m not arguing, just asking you and others: Where do we find the gold standard of education these days? Serious question.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’m not arguing, just asking you and others: Where do we find the gold standard of education these days? Serious question.
    I actually think if you look at quite a bit of rankings, is actually is the gold standard. I was kind of half joking, just because I think blaming trump for stuff like the quote above is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Xavierhoops.com....

We cover from all angles:
    Politics
    Military strategy
    Science

And the art of jumping off one foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Xavierhoops.com....

We cover from all angles:
    Politics
    Military strategy
    Science

And the art of jumping off one foot.
    I made this comment jokingly but being involved on this board has led me to read/reread more on economics (sincere thanks X-Man), thermodynamics, philosophy, among other topics. Heck, I even read the Federalist (again) and Anti-Federalst Papers to keep my stuff straight.

You jokers even got me to look at Marx and Krugman (gross :) ).

Still haven’t definitively come up with a concrete law of physics which proves one foot>two. I’ll have to believe it to be a theory as more observation and testing is required...

Went out to start my car and it wouldn’t start. Can I blame Trump for that and can I get a new battery for free? No but seriously. I think colleges will be losing students from all walks, not just students from out of the country. The thing is college degrees don’t carry the weight they once did and they are ridiculously expensive. Unless you are going to major in something like being a doctor, a lawyer or something that will require that type of class work, then you are better off going the trade route. I mean it’s silly to spend $200k or more on college so you can come out making $50K and if you are lucky maybe you crack 6 figures in 15 years. And still owe 6 figures on your student loan. Better off doing a trade or taking a sales job or entry level job that you can work your way up and not have to pay back crazy student loans.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I mean he deserves a lot of blame for a lot of things, wouldn't you agree?
    I'm not biting. I know exactly how you and others feel about Trump.