Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Xavier took Providence best game and pulled it out. Providence dead last in three point shooting in the BE and Xavier near the top defending it, at least percentage wise and today Providence goes 13 of 22, 59%. They shot better from 3 than 2. Xavier won the boards and had 20 assists on 29 shots. Crazy game.

7-22 from 3 at one point, and nothing but negativism, and criticism of Steele.

Colby makes it 8-23 and we have a change of mood, if you will.

Better perimeter defense you say. Can’t disagree. But Duke is a special player and was hot today.

Hindsight is easy, I guess.

I know we’re fans and we’re passionate about Xavier basketball, execution could have been better and maybe Travis bumbled a couple decisions, but they found a way to come back from an almost certain loss scenario.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Honestly, I don’t read much into things said on game thread. Passionate fans that want team to win, get frustrated etc etc. just simple stuff you say at the bar during the game.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Piece of cake! Never had a doubt!
    I’m with you! All the negative Nelly‘s on this board drive me crazy. Was never in doubt. Just wanted to give providence a little false hope. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    I wish I had got to see the game and the ending but stupid FOX wasn't showing the game in my area for some reason.
    You might be able to watch a replay later on the FOX Sports app. It's also scheduled to be shown again at 5:30AM tomorrow on FS1, so set your DVR.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Won my free bet - Xavier by 1-5
    2023 Sweet 16

Down 7 with 1 minute left...certainly cause to think the worst.
    Scoring 8-0 in the last minute...hard to imagine.

But sweet !
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Don't know where Kunkel's 3 pt has gone. But he played a hard game.

Thank you Colby Jones!
    Agreed he played hard and did things outside of his deep shooting. Not to say it’s an excuse, but wonder why he has two fingers wrapped together on his shooting hand.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Xavier took Providence best game and pulled it out. Providence dead last in three point shooting in the BE and Xavier near the top defending it, at least percentage wise and today Providence goes 13 of 22, 59%. They shot better from 3 than 2. Xavier won the boards and had 20 assists on 29 shots. Crazy game.
    Yup, I mean that stretch where they went up 7 with about 1:30 left was just ridiculous, hit everything, and it seemed like a sure fire loss. Next thing you know, defense just tightened up, Scruggs was disruptive, great turnover forced by Knunkel land next thing you know, have a chance to win, and Jones knocks down the clean look. That's resiliency, that's something you love to see. Obviously not the greatest game ever played, some missed easy shots, etc. but man, what a wayy to win.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Wow, LETS GO!

Man we were lucky to squeak that one out. That was a must win game and would have been a bad loss. Not because Providence is bad but because we HAVE TO win our BE home games. Definitely against those other teams we are competing with below Nova and Creighton. Those teams we are expecting a split with. To lost at home to two of those teams (SH and Prov) and then have to go on the road for the next couple would not have been good.

What a shot by Jones!

Oh, and are people really wondering why Kunkel gets more run than Kyky? I feel like I have seen that question on this board and on fbook and/or twitter. Seems pretty obvious now.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17