Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think he is saying- we have all these assistants and the video coordinator is the one who had to make the suggestion.
    Ugh, someone had a good idea and the coaches were humble enough to listen, to try and spin this as a negative somehow really takes some effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ugh, someone had a good idea and the coaches were humble enough to listen, to try and spin this as a negative somehow really takes some effort.
    Seriously, a sign of a good leader is someone willing to listen to reason and adapt to his own ideals, come on man.

I’m not a video coordinator but somewhere in this thread I was screaming for Jones to be in. I’m not down on Carter (or Kunkel) like many here but Jones and Odom were on the bench for the last 11 minutes of the game. Those guys might be our two best defenders other than Scruggs.

Agree that Trav listening to a video coordinator is a sign of a great leader. It also speaks volumes to the environment he creates that encourages ideas from all staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I’m not a video coordinator but somewhere in this thread I was screaming for Jones to be in. I’m not down on Carter (or Kunkel) like many here but Jones and Odom were on the bench for the last 11 minutes of the game. Those guys might be our two best defenders other than Scruggs.
    Here is my take on defenders. For the guards I would say that Scruggs and Johnson are 1A and 1B. Those two are just super strong defenders and are very good with offside help. Kunkel would be next. He doesn't give the offensive player much room to operate before putting the ball on the floor even though he's under sized. Odom is next but does very good for a freshman but I would list him as a tad below average for Big East starter level. Tandy has shown the capability of being an average defender but obviously not often enough.

Colby Jones is NOT a guard.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post

But he plays one on TV.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I'm not spinning anything - they haven't given me a whole bunch of reasons to have blind faith yet.

Also not sure it says anything about Steele for the same reason. Could have been dumb luck.

I've had plenty of suggestions on this board that he seemed to do - most notable going to zone against St Johns - maybe he reads me at halftime!!!!

Here is my take on defenders. For the guards I would say that Scruggs and Johnson are 1A and 1B. Those two are just super strong defenders and are very good with offside help. Kunkel would be next. He doesn't give the offensive player much room to operate before putting the ball on the floor even though he's under sized. Odom is next but does very good for a freshman but I would list him as a tad below average for Big East starter level. Tandy has shown the capability of being an average defender but obviously not often enough.

I don’t think positions are relevant as much as which positions you can defend. Jones is as versatile defender X has. The lateral quickness is the best on the team. Scruggs gets away with a lot because he has such great length but just watch Jones move his feet.

Also... Jones might be a guard

All-Conference

Um...

Don’t we want Scruggs to take ownership of this team and go for the last shot?
    I’m happy Jones made that 3 but I want Scruggs, Johnson or even Kunkel to go for their best shot. The odds say they have done it before and have higher probability for success. Just saying.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Don’t we want Scruggs to take ownership of this team and go for the last shot?
    I’m happy Jones made that 3 but I want Scruggs, Johnson or even Kunkel to go for their best shot. The odds say they have done it before and have higher probability for success. Just saying.
    Both Scruggs and Kunkel passed up tough shots for better ones - I'd rather have that. In essence, they DID make the play happen.