Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Things I dont want to discuss, but have to know...

Things I dont want to discuss, but have to know... Just like the title says.

1.) Status of Ben Stanley's knee? It didnt look good when they do a brief ACL check on floor, and then walk you to the back. :(

2.) KyKy.... Very limited playing time, no points. Then posts quotes on instagram... "Keep grinding boy ya life can change in one year" and a text message from God saying "Something you prayed about is about to arrive". I immediately assume he may have played his last minutes in an X uni :(
    Last edited by atljar; 01-07-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Supporting Member
    Dont feel good about tandy right now. Unless something changes, I think hes going to transfer. He has a huge ceiling and dont understand other than I guess practice why kunkel gets playing time over him. That sophomore class is starting to look pretty pedestrian.

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Things I dont want to discuss, but have to know... Just like the title says.

1.) Status of Ben Stanley's knee? It didnt look good when they do a brief ACL check on floor, and then walk you to the back. :(

2.) KyKy.... Not even one minute of playing time. Then posts quotes on instagram... "Keep grinding boy ya life can change in one year" and a text message from God saying "Something you prayed about is about to arrive". I immediately assume he may have played his last minutes in an X uni :(
    Stanley is fine according to what Travis said after the game. Also saw where he came back to the bench and gave the coaches a thumbs up but they said he was sore so they held him out. As for Tandy hopefully he sticks. He did play last night and made a basket but missed a couple of threes, one was rejected. I like Tandy and hope he stays because it will eventually click but when you are trying to win you have to play guys that give you the best chance. Right now a guy that thinks he has to score a bunch to play isn’t what they need. If he could be that guy that plays within the system and looks to drive and pass first and wait until the offense comes to him and shoot open looks when the ball moves around then he will play more and the team will be better for it. By all accounts I don’t think he is looking to transfer. I am sure he is frustrated but with Paul and Johnson moving on after the year, the opportunity will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Dont feel good about tandy right now. Unless something changes, I think hes going to transfer. He has a huge ceiling and dont understand other than I guess practice why kunkel gets playing time over him. That sophomore class is starting to look pretty pedestrian.
    You give up on Zach and Miles already?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    You give up on Zach and Miles already?
    Zach of course not, but one guy does not a entire class make. Miles, he still of course has plenty of time to make an impact, but that class is underperforming greatly right now compared to their ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    As for Tandy hopefully he sticks. He did play last night and made a basket but missed a couple of threes, one was rejected.
    Wow I must have been totally zoned out. Thanks for correcting me. I will correct original post

Otherwise, agree completely. For whatever reason, I think we all really want him around and want him to succeed.
    Last edited by atljar; 01-07-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Sophomore
    It's nice to have a player like Tandy who can be instant offense off the bench. Also, with COVID, always helps to have another PG who can score in case we lose a starter for a few weeks.

He does need to work harder on his D though, it's not last year, playing time is much more competitive. And Kunkel moves the ball when he's in, and can shoot, whereas almost ALL of Tandy's offense just feels like a one-man show, him v the world, rather than coming in the flow of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    It's nice to have a player like Tandy who can be instant offense off the bench. Also, with COVID, always helps to have another PG who can score in case we lose a starter for a few weeks.

He does need to work harder on his D though, it's not last year, playing time is much more competitive. And Kunkel moves the ball when he's in, and can shoot, whereas almost ALL of Tandy's offense just feels like a one-man show, him v the world, rather than coming in the flow of the offense.
    Agree on Kunkel moving the ball but he had a rough night last night, both offensively and defensively. Three air balls. KyKy played two minutes and took two threes and three total shots. Paul played 31 and only took 1 three and 7 shots. This team needs Paul to be more aggressive looking for his shot and the team needs to do better finding him for open looks. Paul for three straight years, including this year, is shooting over 37% from three. He needs to take more than 1 in a game. He shot only 2 against Seton Hall but was 12 of 18 the three games prior to the last two games.

All-Conference
    It seems KyKy struggles to find his role in an offensive system. I'm guessing he didn't rely on much of a system in high school because of his rare athleticism. You can tell he still wants to play that way. It's a matter of him being able to be him, but also learning how to be a better player vs. just a scorer. No way I'd give up on him just yet.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post

And Kunkel moves the ball when he's in, and can shoot, whereas almost ALL of Tandy's offense just feels like a one-man show, him v the world, rather than coming in the flow of the offense.
    I think Tandy is somewhat misused. Like you said- he is instant offense. He really should be used in that capacity, and in games when the offense is struggling you give him the reigns for a little bit to try to get us back on track. Not sure why it is a Kunkel vs Tandy thing, I like what Kunkel brings. We saw what he is capable of (23?) against Marquette.

As for the thread- I think one of the biggest issues has been Freemantle. The offense flows a lot better when he can be effective but he seems to struggle against bigger bigs. The team really feeds off of him though and he has been a shell of himself the last few games. He is what he is on defense- partly because he gets in foul trouble all the time so it limits his aggressiveness maybe but also our bigs can look bad on D when opposing guards get to the lane at ease forcing help D constantly.