Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I'm guessing it wont be on the same days as normal.

Seth Davis suggested the first round might be Sat/Sun and 2nds round Mon/Tues. Others have suggested due to limited facilities the 1st round may take longer than 2 days.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Love Hinkle. People saying Hinkle is a dump don’t
    Appreciate the true meaning of what it is. Hinkle is a place to watch basketball in a shitty building. Not many of those around. I love Hinkle.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Here is an early bracket from KATZ. Notice the #3 seed. Think it was a mistake. Of course I’m sure it will
    be changed. In case it is, it’s VD. Think he meant to put Houston in that spot. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...ndy-katz%3famp
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Here is an early bracket from KATZ. Notice the #3 seed. Think it was a mistake. Of course I’m sure it will
    be changed. In case it is, it’s VD. Think he meant to put Houston in that spot. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...ndy-katz%3famp
    We've already dropped to the play-in game? This bracket is dumb.

I mean, we might end up there, but we're not there right now.

Sounds about right. All the metrics have us in play-in game range.

All-Conference
    So basically going 8-8 in the league is going to put us squarely on the bubble again - this annual bubble living is getting to me. I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I'm guessing it wont be on the same days as normal.

Seth Davis suggested the first round might be Sat/Sun and 2nds round Mon/Tues. Others have suggested due to limited facilities the 1st round may take longer than 2 days.
    You only need four sites to play the entire tournament, so they wouldn't have to alter the days if they did not want to. I am guessing they want some time in between games to sanitize, so they probably won't be playing back-to-back-to-back-to-back at one venue like they normally do. It will probably be more like two games per venue per day. With that, you could do:

PIG & Rd 1 (36 games) - Two games per day at six venues over three days (either Tue/Wed/Thur OR Fri/Sat/Sun) Games at about noon and 7 at one set of venues, and about 2:30 and 9:30 at the other set of venues.
    Rd 2 (16 games) - Six games on two days and four on the third. You can split up the venues a bunch of ways (either Fri/Sat/Sun OR Mon/Tue/Wed).

The rest works itself out pretty easily. I'd start on Tuesday- you are adding games on days you were playing anyway and it is easier to maintain the usual schedule in the later rounds.

I read on Twitter that Sean Payton asked if they could do a 14 day quarantine/bubble for 50k fans to be at the Superdome and create a home field advantage. It was shot down, but it raises a fun and interesting idea for fans at the NCAA tournament. Unfortunately it is unlikely to be possible for many reasons but would be cool to implement at X for students. Have everyone quarantine in the dorms and tested for covid twice a week. At the end you have a couple thousand students going crazy at Cintas. I know this won’t happen or can’t happen, but it should happen!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    You only need four sites to play the entire tournament, so they wouldn't have to alter the days if they did not want to. I am guessing they want some time in between games to sanitize, so they probably won't be playing back-to-back-to-back-to-back at one venue like they normally do. It will probably be more like two games per venue per day. With that, you could do:

PIG & Rd 1 (36 games) - Two games per day at six venues over three days (either Tue/Wed/Thur OR Fri/Sat/Sun) Games at about noon and 7 at one set of venues, and about 2:30 and 9:30 at the other set of venues.
    Rd 2 (16 games) - Six games on two days and four on the third. You can split up the venues a bunch of ways (either Fri/Sat/Sun OR Mon/Tue/Wed).

The rest works itself out pretty easily. I'd start on Tuesday- you are adding games on days you were playing anyway and it is easier to maintain the usual schedule in the later rounds.
    Selection Sunday remains the same date (as of now). It might be hard to start on a Tuesday as usual given how the world is right now. That is what I think Seth Davis thought the days would be pushed back.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17