Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Food "Winners" over the holidays?

We did our annual prime rib from Jungle Jim’s. Tried a different cooking method this year. We rubbed the prime rib with a garlic infused olive oil and then kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. We cooked it at 500° for 5 minutes per pound, 30 minutes in this case, then turned off the oven and let it sit in there for 2 hours without opening the oven door. It was a perfectly done medium rare. So good.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by tacopizza885 View Post
    I have never tried, but I checked out the description online... will be checking out soon.

Out of reps to give to 82, so a public +1. It's hard to cook when you are limited, especially during the holidays. Pork is a no-no in my fam, this year was different (given guests).

Damn. This sounds sooo good. Making a note. Thanks!

If I didn't have such an allergy to sugar, this may be the perfect way to celebrate Christmas (as far as food is concerned). Well done my friend.

With side dishes, we all need a main course. Well done Mr. Paul XU.

Food threads are frequent and among my favorites on my Buffalo Bills board. I like to cook and I’ve learned a lot from some of the guys there. You start a food thread and I’ll be there!

The best wings I’ve ever had were not at the Anchor Bar (the original wings) or Duff’s in Buffalo (which wins the local contests), or anywhere else. The best wings I’ve ever had were in the tailgate lot post-game made by a buddy as we waited for the crowd to clear out while watching g the late games on TV.

Oh, and the Bills are about to start their Monday Night game against the illustrious Cheaters of New England, so I ask for a little prayer to make things right. :-)

Christmas pasts = Poppy seed Kolachi and Poppy seed Cakes from my mom-in-law (RIP). Big in NE Ohio. She started on them in October every year. YUM!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Many methane laden nights coming home from Dana's with the 12 centers.
    Lol! Wife got me 3 white mountain puzzles because great family entertainment. While doing the puzzles, everyone was blaming the methane on the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Lol! Wife got me 3 white mountain puzzles because great family entertainment. While doing the puzzles, everyone was blaming the methane on the dogs.
    Was it possibly the “lead dog” who was to blame?

It was like the 12 meals of Christmas with my foodie family ... I'm sure my mother, who was a French-trained cook and ran a catering business, was looking down with pride on not only myself and my wife, but my sister and our two mid-20s sons. Some highlights included gourmet mac and cheese with Argentinian red shrimp, prosciutto-wrapped pork vs wild boar tenderloin, a pancake throwdown with two teams (I was the lucky judge) ... a deep-fried corndog-like pancake dough around sausage with a bloody Mary, not with a skewered hamburger, but three savory dollar pancakes was the winner. Gifts included a sous vide circulator, a Le Creuset pot, wireless meat thermometer, ramen bowls, Japanese Nakiri knife, quality vanilla and spices, bar ware, etc. And then brands like Macallan, a vintage Taylor Fladgate, 12 Monkey's, Whistle Pig, and a Sean Thackrey wine rounded out our culinary Christmas.
    Last edited by WCWIII; 12-29-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    The best wings I’ve ever had were not at the Anchor Bar (the original wings) or Duff’s in Buffalo (which wins the local contests), or anywhere else.
    Hands down the best wings EVER........Knockback Nats on 7th Street.

WCWIII reminded me again that in the North, Mac and Cheese is a pasta dish.

Down here it's a vegetable.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    It was like the 12 meals of Christmas with my foodie family ... I'm sure my mother, who was a French-trained cook and ran a catering business, was looking down with pride on not only myself and my wife, but my sister and our two mid-20s sons.
    It was well known in the 'hood that WCW's mother was one helluva cook. XU 87's mother would affirm that.