Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colby Jones

Colby Jones

I think X found their Josh Hart. His game reminds me so much of Hart. Lofty expectations...but 3 games in? Don't even know you have a frosh on the floor. Cerebral, long and athletic. Truly believe this kid is going to be special. May not have stuffed the stat box, but he plays so savvy for a frosh. Assists, rebounds, defense, length. Let's the game come to him. When Scruggs got his pocket picked in the 2nd half and the guard missed a breakaway layup, a Marquette big got eh rebound and tried to put it back in. Jones came out of nowhere and blocked him from behind. I know the saying about high basketball IQ is overused...but damn...Colby has it. Such an invaluable asset. Can't fathom what this kid will do going forward. Love watching him play.

He looks really good and reliable for a young guy, and the coaches must LOVE him for all the minutes he gets. I trust the coaches and I enjoying watching Colby and all the new guys! What a treat this season is!

I haven’t been this high on an X frosh in a long time. What a find. Wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t play 4 years at X. Kid is special. Think about that kid in 2 years with his current trajectory. I may be too bullish on him...but you’d have to have a really good argument to convince me otherwise. Good handle, athletic as hell, gives guys good passes in the shooting pocket. Never seems lost. Kid as IT in my opinion.

Love Colby but liked it when Kunk came in for him when he got in foul trouble lol.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Love Colby but liked it when Kunk came in for him when he got in foul trouble lol.
    Yeah. Worked out well for X today. Kunkel was amazing. But you can put Jones in on any lineup. Doesn’t matter. That kid is a freak. I could be wrong. We can just enjoy finding out.

Hat tip to Colby for playing a really solid game in his first start as a freshman. The future is bright with this kid.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I think X found their Josh Hart. His game reminds me so much of Hart. Lofty expectations...but 3 games in? Don't even know you have a frosh on the floor. Cerebral, long and athletic. Truly believe this kid is going to be special. May not have stuffed the stat box, but he plays so savvy for a frosh. Assists, rebounds, defense, length. Let's the game come to him. When Scruggs got his pocket picked in the 2nd half and the guard missed a breakaway layup, a Marquette big got eh rebound and tried to put it back in. Jones came out of nowhere and blocked him from behind. I know the saying about high basketball IQ is overused...but damn...Colby has it. Such an invaluable asset. Can't fathom what this kid will do going forward. Love watching him play.
    I could not agree more on Colby. He will be a legend when it is all said and done. Also, he is way underrated as a shooter. He barely shot 3's in HS but made about 50%. There was a story about his under the radar shooting on a pay site. I kind of initiated it when I pointed out his % in HS. The moderators got a bit testy as I kind of pressed the issue. A week or two later a story came out.

Steele did a visit after CJ was committed and set up a shooting drill in which there was a defender on him to simulate game conditions. Apparently he made something well over 40% based on a volume of shots. He just does not shoot much. His jumper against the Kittens looked great to me. Smooth and fluid. Looking forward to 4 years of Colby.

Junior
    He seems very smooth- like what he has shown so far. We don't need it at all obviously but I can't really remember him taking shots on offense. I think he has had a couple good drives and cuts, though. He seems to use his body well.

Pretty happy with the young talent. Future is VERY bright.

Colby is going to be really good no doubt. It’s only three games but he isn’t playing like a freshman. Has had to sit be away from basketball twice already with the covid stuff but through three games is shooting 80% from 2 and has made 1 of 2 threes. Always finds the open man and doesn’t take bad shots. Will be highly efficient. Per 40 minutes he’s like 10 Pts, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 3 steals. Those numbers will probably go up as he gets more comfortable.

Sophomore
    I know this is a Jones thread, but having two freshman (Jones and Odom) who can play D, which this team really needs, is awesome to see.