Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    The NIL is going to come into play during recruiting when the kid is still in high school. Not after they sign their LOI. If you don't see this then you are fooling yourself. Players are going to be paid on potential. Then the same thing is going to happen with the portal. Rosters to a certain extent on are going to be based on $ budgets. Big schools will have an unlimited budget.
    Balls of Steele!!

Somebody out there must know Bill or Melinda.
    Get them to pump about $5 billion into our endowment.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    The NIL is going to come into play during recruiting when the kid is still in high school. Not after they sign their LOI. If you don't see this then you are fooling yourself. Players are going to be paid on potential. Then the same thing is going to happen with the portal. Rosters to a certain extent on are going to be based on $ budgets. Big schools will have an unlimited budget.
    Yes, probably so.

So the NCAA is kind of being attacked on two fronts right now. One is the NIL, and the other is the Supreme Court ruling from yesterday.

Here is the question that the NCAA really needs to be asking themselves at this point....

What can be done to manage the size of the fustercluck that this potentially creates while remaining within compliance of the law??

Anybody??

Right now I basically got nothing.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Y'all get scared real easily. Big East has higher basketball budgets than the Pac-12 and the Big Ten.

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...l-budgets-2020

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    So I can easily see the scenario play out...

Coach: We can guarantee $75k in NIL because we have a booster that really likes you. He'll put your picture on a billboard with his product and you get 50k.

Kid: Sorry coach but UK is offering 100k and UL is offering 100k plus a hooker.
    Take the billboard and booster out and that is already going on and not just with the Blue bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Y'all get scared real easily. Big East has higher basketball budgets than the Pac-12 and the Big Ten.

One of the real beauties of NCAA sports, and especially basketball, is watching a relatively unknown school compete successfully in the national tournaments. I fear that this will new decision, and ones that will undoubtedly come, will make a thing of the past. That all success will be even more held onto by a very small select group of schools and conferences. I don’t see that as a plus, even if X is a part of that select group. Some of the magic of college sports will be taken away. I consider that a negative, and not a good thing for sports as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    One of the real beauties of NCAA sports, and especially basketball, is watching a relatively unknown school compete successfully in the national tournaments. I fear that this will new decision, and ones that will undoubtedly come, will make a thing of the past. That all success will be even more held onto by a very small select group of schools and conferences. I don’t see that as a plus, even if X is a part of that select group. Some of the magic of college sports will be taken away. I consider that a negative, and not a good thing for sports as a whole.
    Each school only has so many scholarships and so much playing time. I don't see it making that much difference at all.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

Fantastic find! Thank you.

Butler. What a joke. I always have and always will view them as the Little Engine That Could.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Each school only has so many scholarships and so much playing time. I don't see it making that much difference at all.
    If the courts can decide that it is unconstitutional to place limits on the compensation the players can receive….it’s only a small jump to the courts deciding that limits on the number of players a school is allowed to compensate, is also unconstitutional. I see that not as an IF, but a when.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    If the courts can decide that it is unconstitutional to place limits on the compensation the players can receive….it’s only a small jump to the courts deciding that limits on the number of players a school is allowed to compensate, is also unconstitutional. I see that not as an IF, but a when.
    There's are only 200 minutes to go around per game. Players will not go to a school just to sit on the pine.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens