Ok, I suppose this could likely lead to a change to the overall rule, and allow transfers immediate eligibility.

Dumb fucking idea. Unless of course your plan is to RUIN College basketball in which case it's BRILLIANT.

I think it will be the Wild West with Transfers. Other Disagree. I guess we shall see.

But I do know that this change that was within the NCAA powers, coupled with something else that is NOT with in the NCAA Powers could lead to a doomsday scenario...

If the NBA every plans to monetize the G League, college basketball is done. My understanding is that the G League has very little revenue, but also a reasonably low level of expenses. But the revenue POTENTIAL of the G League is there, and the NBA will Tap it.

Imagine: The NBA removes the prohibition of drafting HS players, and expands the draft to 4 rounds. Game Over.

The NBA could structure the Salaries so that 3rd and 4th round picks can make a couple hundred K in the G League. Those guys aren't READY for the NBA, so picks are really just speculative. Some HS players each year could go in the first and second round, but the 3rd and 4th would be LOADED with the guys that would otherwise be the top 50 incoming Freshmen.

These guys will eventually make the NBA, so the interest in the G league goes up if you know you are watching future NBA stars. Interest goes up, revenue follows.

So, now recruiting HS players is a crapshoot. If you go after the best players, you run the risk that they get drafted. So your strategy is to NOT go after the best players? That defies logic.

No, Your strategy is to recruit the best players off of other College teams. The very best players that make it to college can still get drafted, but you may see far fewer of them coming out of college. But the best college players go into the Draft. the next best college players improve their position by transferring. So NEXT year, those are now the best players. So if you are a college coach at an elite school, why spend all summer watching HS players in AAU? Just poach the best available freshmen from last year.

NOW, the G League is a bona fide minor league to the NBA. And about 300 NCAA teams become the minor league for the best 50.

No thanks.