Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freshman

2021 NCAA Tourney

ALL Tourney cames will be played in Ind. Some of the games will be played where the Colts play, some at Purdue, IU, some where the Pacers play and then of course, The Barn at the Ind. state fairgrounds.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    ALL Tourney cames will be played in Ind. Some of the games will be played where the Colts play, some at Purdue, IU, some where the Pacers play and then of course, The Barn at the Ind. state fairgrounds.
    The Fairgrounds Coliseum and Hinkle both are tentative sites. They are not one and the same.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    The Fairgrounds Coliseum and Hinkle both are tentative sites. They are not one and the same.
    Im VERY well aware that Hinkle and The Fairgrounds is NOT the same and Hinkle is NOT one of the locations where games are going to be played. I believe the old arena there at the fairgrounds use to be called the "Barn".

Games will be played on two courts inside Lucas Oil Stadium, as well as Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Mackey Arena in West Lafayette and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Only one game at a time will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium.
    https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...l-championship
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    Im VERY well aware that Hinkle and The Fairgrounds is NOT the same and Hinkle is NOT one of the locations where games are going to be played. I believe the old arena there at the fairgrounds use to be called the "Barn".
    The fairgrounds arena always been referred to as the Coliseum, going back to the 50s, not the Barn. Many of my fellow X alums often refer to Hinkle as a Barn. Probably due to it's design and th ed fact part of it has a dirt floor.

Sophomore
    Went to Hinkle last year for the first time and it was....shit. It was literally a barn, gimme Cintas over Hinkle every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Went to Hinkle last year for the first time and it was....shit. It was literally a barn, gimme Cintas over Hinkle every day of the week.
    Hinkle Fieldhouse is a total shit hole. I have seen many games there, and each time, I have come away less impressed.

Just because the place has a lot of history, and they filmed Hoosiers there, does NOT make it a good place to play basketball. I am sure there are many actual barns in the stat of Indiana that would be better suited to host a basketball game of any kind.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    In all honesty I have thought about going to an away game at Butler many times. Is the trip at all worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    In all honesty I have thought about going to an away game at Butler many times. Is the trip at all worth it?
    It depends on what kind of experience you like.

I think Hinkle Fieldhouse is awesome. I love that it's an actual old style field house. Places like that, and the Palestra, and Mac Court (before it was torn down), and Williams Arena up in Minnesota, and Alaska Airlines Arena at Washington (which is one of the oldest in the country) are not "nice" in the sense that they are the complete opposite of a plush, luxury box loaded, NBA style arena with hi-def scoreboards and ribbon boards. At Washington they really don't even have seats. I'm just speaking for myself, but I actually have a lot more fun seeing a game at a place like that, especially if it's a big game with a packed and rowdy crowd, than I do going to most other really nice arenas. I really hope those places never go away in the same sense that a lot of baseball diehards don't want to see Wrigley or Fenway go away. Sure, there are much nicer ballparks, but there's something cool about seeing a game at one of those places.
    Last edited by xubrew; 01-05-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

All-Conference
    I don't care where they have it as long as they have it.

I would imagine most in the region are perfectly fine with this as it's a simple and relatively quick bus ride. Easy travel for the Muskies.