Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Scruggs will be 23 in March. I'd be a little surprised if he comes back to College next year in any capacity.
    Eat Donuts!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Scruggs will be 23 in March. I'd be a little surprised if he comes back to College next year in any capacity.
    Totally agree.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Jason Carter will turn 23 on December 23rd. He already had his undergraduate degree when he came to X. Should have his masters after this year. Can’t see him staying for another year either.

Funny though, when I was a 5th year senior I couldn’t wait to finish up and move on. Even turned down a position as a coach that would have allowed me to begin work on my masters. Looking back, wish I had stayed and done that. School and sports was easy compared to actually trying to earn a living! :)
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 12-07-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Hers what the NCAA press release says...

“Winter sport student-athletes who compete during 2020-21 in Division I will receive both an additional season of competition and an additional year in which to complete it, the Division I Council decided. The same flexibility was provided to student-athletes after the spring season was canceled in 2020 and the fall season was seriously impacted by the COVID”

Not sure what the rule is on players transferring, but would guess that someone like Scruggs would be just like any other Grad Transfer and would be regulated by the rules regarding them. I don’t think that the BE allows grad transfers to move to another school in the conference without the school he is leaving approving it. Outside the conference would not be effected. However, I haven’t read the actual rule book or NCAA rule, so I can’t say for sure.
    You can transfer. Guy on my sons football team was a 5th year senior this year. Coach told him at end of season meeting they were not going to keep him on scholarship if he wanted to take advantage of the free year so he could transfer if he wanted to try to get a scholarship somewhere else. He went in the portal today.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    You can transfer. Guy on my sons football team was a 5th year senior this year. Coach told him at end of season meeting they were not going to keep him on scholarship if he wanted to take advantage of the free year so he could transfer if he wanted to try to get a scholarship somewhere else. He went in the portal today.
    Good to know thanks.

I would imagine the transfer portal is going to be on steroids this offseason. Essentially every senior in the country can be a grad transfer player who can transfer anywhere and play right away for a year. I guess that might happen anyway with the new transfer rule being proposed though.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I looked at the NCAA website and you guys are correct. I was telling my sons about this and they thought I was on crack. This is going to have profound implications for many years to come and might reshape college basketball. Reminding everyone that sometimes emergency procedures are kept in place because after people do it they feel like it is good practice. I don’t know what will happen, it is speculative for sure.

So Miles Redshirted last year, he could be here 6 years and get his graduate degree. Take advantage of the system when you can.

People say Scruggs won’t stay. I don’t disagree. I also will pen a love letter asking him to return for a second Big East Championship!

Every single player could come back, and we are loaded with players. If they don’t like the playing time stick around, because they all get another year of eligibility.

I want my Grown Ass Man for two years!

Kunk isn’t going to the NBA in the draft as far as I can tell, though I will root for him to do so. If not, give me three years of Kunk! Are you F-in kidding me.

I can’t wait for Jason Carter to come back just so all the haters can taste it! How does that taste haters!

Kentucky and Duke get one and dones. Xavier is gonna have 5 and 6 years seniors as we repeat as NCAA champions.

I foresee a glorious future for all involved. Get used to winning boys. This team is stacked. Ben Stanley is going to be a raging bull for perhaps three more years.

IT is good to be King!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Not to mention that Odom will be our starting point guard for 5 straight years, shattering all records and getting 5 wins in the Crosstown Shootout.

Supporting Member
    Scruggs won Big East title freshman year, so coming back next year will be his third after we win this year.

Much love for you my friend for pointing out the error in my ways. SCRUGGS NOT DRUGS!!!!!