Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Yep good solid win. Competition was crap, but for the most part, the team maintained focus and played hard. Good to see griffin get some buckets and for miles to have more than a cup of coffee.

X with 10 steals, 10 Blocks, and 19 assists on 29 buckets.....that’s getting it done.

Only complaint would be giving up offensive rebounds. I think that’s going to be a problem all year.

Also only 8 TO's
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Unless something drastically changes....I have zero faith with this team at the charity stripe. Man, that's a huge issue.
    We missed 6 but 5 were missed by Freemantle. I think he will do better moving forward. Johnson, Scuggs, and Carter went a combined 9-9 from the FT line. Griffin was 1-2.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    There is a difference between quarantining due to an exposure and because of testing positive. You could have an exposure and quarantine for 13 days and on day 13 get symptoms and test positive (or even test positive without symptoms) and then you would start the positive test protocols.
    Yea I was replying to the notion of testing those on quarantine (asymptomatic) to return to sports on day 7 instead of just letting them run out the 14 day quarantine. If they are asymptomatic and test positive then you have to add another 10 days from that date. Which is why unless you test them daily you will have a percentage of players sitting out longer than they would had they just quarantined for 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Unless something drastically changes....I have zero faith with this team at the charity stripe. Man, that's a huge issue.
    70% at the line tonight. 77% against EKU. 74% against Toledo. 50% in the first 2 games. Have a little faith!
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 12-02-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Yea I was replying to the notion of testing those on quarantine (asymptomatic) to return to sports on day 7 instead of just letting them run out the 14 day quarantine. If they are asymptomatic and test positive then you have to add another 10 days from that date. Which is why unless you test them daily you will have a percentage of players sitting out longer than they would had they just quarantined for 14 days.
    Gotcha. That could happen anyway with routine testing I guess though. I am assuming Xavier does some sort of regular testing for the players. Maybe they don't though?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    how many times does this guy say..".let the big dog eat"....doesn't he realize Odom was triple jump champ?
    And, "share the sugar".

But, I can live with both of the above if we never, never, never have to listen to Bill Walton announcing a Xavier game. That would be god awful.

We missed 6 but 5 were missed by Freemantle.
    Z just needs to play a game EVERY DAY...lol
    2023 Sweet 16

Gotcha. That could happen anyway with routine testing I guess though. I am assuming Xavier does some sort of regular testing for the players. Maybe they don't though?
    Yes they have a routine testing recommendation of three times/week and within a day or two before games. However once they are instructed to quarantine many schools stop testing within a couple days of exposure. Some schools continue to test 3 times a week. I’m not sure what Xavier does once they’re quarantined. I do agree with drudy though that after 7 days if they test negative it should be a green light.