6 25.00%
  • Thad Matta

1 4.17%
  • Up and Comer

13 54.17%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What if

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I don't think there was an issue with him not going to UMass it was with him not going to UMass AFTER accepting the UMass job.
    Yes, and that was AFTER his weird departure from Xavier and BEFORE his odd flirtation with NKU.

I wonder if anyone has actually voted on this? Will this be the first poll no one votes in?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

click on "view poll results"
    2023 Sweet 16

The return of Sean Miller is an interesting concept, that seems destined to disappoint if it came to pass at some point. I think we have probably all mythologized his 5 year tenure a bit. He really hasn't gotten over the hump in Arizona and has been plagued by off the court issues. Bringing back a somewhat disgraced Sean Miller seems like a recipe of major disappointment.

It's a moot point because I don't think Steele is going anywhere soon, nor do I really think he should at this point. Not saying I'm completely sold, just saying.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    click on "view poll results"
    I did not know that it would show me since I did not vote. Two votes for Pitino? Really? That is a little funny
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

For me there's only one acceptable answer and that's "up and comer".

All of these other choices have serious issues and should not ever be considered by Xavier. I like Pat, but if he weren't a former Xavier player, he probably wouldn't be on most people's radar. He just hasn't shown enough at Winthrop for me. We are in the Big East. We should be able to do better than this list.

It's moot anyway. I have faith that Travis will turn the corner soon.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    None of those names above happening, but I do have a question on the bet. Who wins the bottle of Woodford if Kelsey is offered the job (not gonna happen), accepts the job and then flakes?
    Flakes? I think you may be a bit more understanding if you knew the conditions surrounding Pat's quick departure from UMASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Flakes? I think you may be a bit more understanding if you knew the conditions surrounding Pat's quick departure from UMASS.
    That may be, however to GoMuskie's point - Kelsey left Xavier under odd circumstances as well. Then had a bit of a strange thing with NKU. I would also say he's been at Winthrop almost a suspiciously long time now.
    Eat Donuts!

Hey, it's happened to a number of people one time. Dana Altman did that to Arkansas. Billy Donovan with the Hawks. Gregg Marshall actually did the same thing with College of Charleston and decided to stay at Winthrop. So Winthrop is a two time winner on those situations.

But Kelsey also had the sudden departure from Xavier and the weird deal with NKU. So.....flake.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    This is the whole, Kelsey took the job and then players demanded their payments keep coming, and then Kelsey left scenario right?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17