Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Wish we had one more frontcourt guy, but looking forward to getting wilcher and Jones in the rotation.

I'm not sure I can handle any more of these "teaching moments."
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    for us more seasoned fans, yes, I'm playing my favorite Journey disc - 1981's ESCAPE
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’m mildly surprised he missed that last half court shot.
    Me too!

On the one hand, I feel good that this team, yet one more time, found a way to win a game that, by all means, they should have lost. But, wow. This was EKU and they outplayed X in so many aspects of the game tonight. I cannot imagine any of our B.E. competitors playing as badly as we played. This was disappointing for those of us who have thought X was getting better. Terrible defense and often terrible decision making.

For Xavier, as depressing a "W" as I can recall seeing in awhile.
    Last edited by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever; 11-30-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Sheesh you guys are impossible. FYI, it’s not a secret that within the program Scruggs is known as one of the best teammates and hardest workers in program history.

Effort against Toledo and tonight sucked. They need to get it together fast.
    I don’t think the effort sucked at all. They did get tired at times, and that’s a direct result of playing 4 games in 6 days with only 8 players....and in this game it was really only 6. As far as getting it together.....until they get the other players available and get more experience, this is probably as “together” as it’s going to get.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Thank you nate johnson! That's how you shoot..gee there's carter again getting punked.
    And yet without Carter we would have lost this game. He isn’t a finisher, but very steady and decent from the line.

25 turnovers vs Eastern Kentucky - yuck. I assume we purposely scheduled this team to get experience vs. the press. We aren't anywhere near good enough not to take teams seriously

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N67ER View Post
    He was the reason we beat Toledo, so you are being a bit harsh.
    You're right. That was harsh...just frustrated. These last three games have been shit. Glad for the wins but there is a lot of.work to be done

Junior
    This somewhat concerning (obviously). It's like we didn't even scout them. That was not a killer press. All they had to do was bring a big up to the middle. When they finally did it, it was a layup or dunk. Then we'd go back to dribbling and letting them trap. We'll see how we are full strength but man oh man am I concerned.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How many point blank layupes has Carter missed?
    Not many. He was 20/11/4 and hit some huge FT's.
    2023 Sweet 16