Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    I'll compare Steele to Marvin Lewis

Marvin - Great defensive coordinator / Horrible head coach (Also works for Dick Lebeau)

Travis - Great recruiter / not a great head coach
    This team just won 4 games in 5 days. Everyone needs to chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    I agree. Besides Oakland I think the teams that Xavier has been playing are much better than people are giving them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I agree. Besides Oakland I think the teams that Xavier has been playing are much better than people are giving them credit for.
    I doubt Eastern Kentucky is good. Toledo and Bradley might turn out to be pretty decent teams.

Jason Carter is our Dennis Rodman. Now if he would just dye his hair and get some tats
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Jason Carter is our Dennis Rodman. Now if he would just dye his hair and get some tats
    And start banging the 2020 equivalent of Carmen Electra

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    I'll compare Steele to Marvin Lewis

Marvin - Great defensive coordinator / Horrible head coach (Also works for Dick Lebeau)

Travis - Great recruiter / not a great head coach
    Showing your age here. I guess 3-4 division championships and 8-9 playoff appearances is the definition of a horrible coach. Let's not consider the fact that Marvin came in and immediately made Cincy relevant coming off the dreadful 90's and seeing what we have now.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Showing your age here. I guess 3-4 division championships and 8-9 playoff appearances is the definition of a horrible coach. Let's not consider the fact that Marvin came in and immediately made Cincy relevant coming off the dreadful 90's and seeing what we have now.
    Marvin was definitely not horrible. However, there is not another team in the NFL who would have kept him as head coach as long as the Bengals did with zero playoff wins.

Hell my Giants ran Tom Coughlin out of town and he won 2 freaking Super Bowls. And the Giants arent a team that has a history of running off GM's or coaches, they like stability as well. (Until recently)
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    I think what this comes down to is this - no one is really sold yet on Steele - for good reason.

After the first game, I thought maybe the tide was turning. We looked awesome. After the last 3, I think I'm back in the "not sold yet" camp.

This is a crucial year for him. If we fall flat and go below .500 in conference play, I'm not sure he's the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    True, but against inferior competition, at home, and barely squeaked by in 3 of the 4 games. X was up 13 in the second half yesterday and lost the lead.... and it was against Eastern Kentucky. The results so far have given reason to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    True, but against inferior competition, at home, and barely squeaked by in 3 of the 4 games. X was up 13 in the second half yesterday and lost the lead.... and it was against Eastern Kentucky. The results so far have given reason to be concerned.
    I wonder if things would have been different (or worse?) with an actual home crowd?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!