Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Got to hope our shooters step up going forward. These last two games looked eerily familiar from behind the arc. We have to be better from 3 when we get to BE play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It was more than just missing shots. They didn’t move the ball the way they did against Oakland. Sometimes Scruggs would just dribble up with the look in his eye. It was just a matter of time. At least move the ball around and make them work!

Hopefully we have a couple shooters added when they finish quarantine. This is going to be a strange year in so many ways, I hope we finish it.

They played 3 games in 3 days to open the season, with only 8 players seeing any time. No doubt in mind that they had tired legs, which really effects shooting. But no absence of heart and grit. This team won that game because they played hard. They could have easily packed the tents when they got behind double figures early, but they didn’t. I’ll take a team like that everyday.

101. Then 51. Then 76. Then went high, then low, then hit the EXACT middle between the two. It means nothing, but it's just odd.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehoya View Post
    Amen, has he EVER made a meaningful shot his whole career?
    His late game free throws beat UConn last year.

Supporting Member
    This board has become a very tough crowd; too tough I think. Last year was a shit show, for sure. But this year's team is young. We have only eight healthy scholarship players, no home court advantage to speak of and we've just won three straight games, two of which we should have lost. You can focus on why we almost lost those two games but I'm more interested in the wins we squeaked out. We definitely have some young talent that is fun to watch.

We are, maybe, a team which ends up in the middle of the B.E. this year. But I enjoy watching them play ten times more than what we put out there the last couple of years.

I was one who criticized Steele on this board the last couple of years. He deserved it, I think. But, the bad apples are gone and the new faces are Steele's recruits. I know M.O.R. is going come in here and make his points that we've proved nothing yet. Of course, when he does, he'll be correct. But, I see progress so Steele has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    They played 3 games in 3 days to open the season, with only 8 players seeing any time. No doubt in mind that they had tired legs, which really effects shooting. But no absence of heart and grit. This team won that game because they played hard. They could have easily packed the tents when they got behind double figures early, but they didn’t. I’ll take a team like that everyday.
    I wonder if a coach can be responsible for the culture that enabled them to find a way to gut it out, since he apparently can be held responsible for poor shooting performances.

I agree with your take.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Of course he should get credit for the team playing hard. That being said you won’t win a lot of big east games with a team that can’t shoot.

Junior
    I recorded what I thought was going to be the game. Is there a way to replay the stream ?

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    Of course he should get credit for the team playing hard. That being said you won’t win a lot of big east games with a team that can’t shoot.
    I agree with your statement. He recruited shooters. Is it Steele’s fault when they “can’t shoot”? Is he a bad coach without a game plan when the ball isn’t going in the basket?

I’m not looking for any arguments here. It’s just that I believe Steele has clear game plans that aren’t always executed. Apparently, according to the local paper, he woke up a lethargic Tandy (from his Bradley effort).
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I recorded what I thought was going to be the game. Is there a way to replay the stream ?
    Go to this link
    https://goxavier.com/watch/

Scroll down until you see Live / On Demand
    Click “On Demand” and you should see it there.

Fast forward to 11:45 mark, if you want to skip warmups and intro.
    Last edited by noteggs; 11-27-2020 at 03:22 PM.