Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Over and back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thought same. Looked like his foot was on the line.

Sophomore
    as a basketball junkie I love the fact that basketball is being played. We are so used to the Big East being head and shoulders above other conferences but that does not seem to be the case this weird year as Bradley looked to me like a Georgetown type team with big African center, some all around players and grit. Villanova looked scary good last night..damn. I don't like Freemantle playing so much in post on defense though as we could get bullied on boards and in low post and Miles looks like a year away. Griffin and Carter are serviceable but not game changers..Tandy did little today for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Thought same. Looked like his foot was on the line.
    I believe you have to establish yourself with both feet and the ball in the frontcourt. The foot definitely landed in the backcourt, but had not been established in the frontcourt, so I believe it is the correct no call.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

No pre-season games 3 seniors gone and let’s give Bradley a ton of credit. They can flat out play. They looked big and strong and just took away our inside game although not sure we have one. Either way Bradley is a damn good team. Xavier is going to be very good this year. Shots didn’t fall tonight but they survived and advanced. Want to see less carter and more griffin. Griffin isn’t jacking up 3’s.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskeagle View Post
    I believe you have to establish yourself with both feet and the ball in the frontcourt. The foot definitely landed in the backcourt, but had not been established in the frontcourt, so I believe it is the correct no call.
    Thought Fremantle and Griffin played well.

Carter and Johnson were poor for me.

Coaching was also poor throughout large portions of the game. Disappointed after I felt good about them during the Oakland game. Maybe it was limited bench options but still poor overall

Well, 2-0 and onto playing the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Freemantle looks like he's really stepped up from a good freshman season.
    That last foul on ZFree was bs but take the gift.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    No pre-season games 3 seniors gone and let’s give Bradley a ton of credit. They can flat out play. They looked big and strong and just took away our inside game although not sure we have one. Either way Bradley is a damn good team. Xavier is going to be very good this year. Shots didn’t fall tonight but they survived and advanced. Want to see less carter and more griffin. Griffin isn’t jacking up 3’s.
    Solid take, IMHO.

I’m not sure I witnessed bad coaching. I saw poor execution and certainly bad shooting outside of a couple players.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    carter had 5 offensive rebounds and 11 total and ok defense. I don't like when he takes it inside and then passes. Johnson had a good floor game and got some long rebounds. I think it is a year to enjoy basketball and it is a minor miracle that we are playing at all.

Coach Steele just heaped a ton of praise on Carter on the radio with Byron and Joe. Pointed out that he made several game changing plays, to go along with an exceptional game on the glass.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-26-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I can not believe that Coach put Odom back out there after that Team 98 style bonehead play.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club