Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    Ugh. 50% from the line. C'mon guys.
    Fire Travis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.....a lot of us were expecting a Kamar Baldwin or a TSA kinda year.
    I disagree. I do not expect 16-18 PPG this year from Scruggs. I hope he leads, plays smarter, cuts down and TO's and lets things happen for him. When he forces the issue, he struggles.

Sophomore
    Scruggs didn't shoot it well today, but finished with 7 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals, 10 assists, and just 2 turnovers. I'll take that any day on a off shooting game.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Johnson’s performance today is a breath of fresh air given X history with transfer guards. Castlin and Moore were less than assertive. Maybe Johnson has a chance to be best transfer guard ever.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Much less pressure to be this with a real supporting cast, which is fine.

He can always step up to be the "guy" in important situations. It will actually be a detriment if he tries to do too much.
    Me? I couldn't not agree more. For starters, Scruggs is not effective when he presses. We saw that last year. Yes, we need him to play better and most importantly, to not disappear like he did occasionally last year. But today was the first game. With the obvious quality of the supporting cast, there will be plenty of opportunities for Scruggs to continue. Not once today did I find myself thinking, "Gee I miss Naji and Q". Not once.

Baldwin is a great player for Butler. Maybe Scruggs develops into that type of player for X. But, it is a powerful statement about this team that we can withstand it if Scruggs just has a really good senior year. Naji tried to be a Baldwin clone last year and, as good an athlete as he is, the results were decidedly mixed.

Now, if we can just avoid COVID and serious injury.

All-Conference
    I can see how people were coming into the season thinking this about Scruggs, but it wouldn't have been the recipe for success. It would have been more of the same.

But after today, I'm much more enthusiastic about this TEAM. It's much better for the TEAM if Scruggs and Carter don't feel like they have to carry a load they're not capable of carrying. Both can now relax a bit more and focus on what they do best, especially Carter. Honestly, we don't need Carter to score all that much. Grab 7 rebounds a game.

Paul - be a leader, make good decisions, make your team better, holds the young guys accountable, be available and ready in crucial game situations.

There's going to be games where he gets his, but it's not necessary for success.
    Last edited by drudy23; 11-25-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Tomorrow will be a true test

34 assists!! Amazing!
    2023 Sweet 16

I like Scruggs a lot. 10 assists and 2 turnovers....fantastic. Not to mention the 2 turnovers were in the first 3 minutes of the game. I didn't think he disappeared at all. Thought it was good senior leadership. I'd be very happy if Paul Scruggs' senior year was more like Stanley Burrell's Sr. year. Hard nosed. Great defense. Big shots. But totally a flow guy that sacrificed numbers for the betterment of the team.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Looking pretty-pretty good!

Yes, it’s just the first game but - at least for me- two huge questions were answered.

1) Can Miles and other bigs (not named Freemantle) step up and play at a high level in the paint this year?
    2) Will Freemantle be able to take his very good first year to the next level?

Add to that great ball movement and balance with inside and outside scoring ability, the ability to play fast and in control and we look like we have the makings of a dangerous team.

Johnson is the real deal - just as advertised by Steele.

And it looks like this team is having as much fun playing as we fans are watching.

Bravo Travis!!! You finally may have YOUR team: players with complimentary skills and all completely bought in to what you are saying.
    Last edited by IM4X; 11-25-2020 at 02:27 PM.