Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Everyone knows that all the big time games take place on Wednesday at noon!
    I heard a rumor that the NFL is looking to move the Super Bowl to that time slot.

Or............maybe I started that rumor. But you heard it here first! (And last.)

2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I don't understand the tweet. What is a "gold jersey" and why is relevant that Colby Jones is "capturing" it for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    I don't understand the tweet. What is a "gold jersey" and why is relevant that Colby Jones is "capturing" it for the first time?
    Gold jersey is rewarded to the player who get the most accumulated points for many factors measured on some point system in practice. I am pretty sure no frosh has ever won it until this week. That is a major accomplishment. We shall see if it transfers to playing time performance.
    I saw today Steele said that they monitor every players fg %, assist/turnover ratio and through 34 practices Jones has an assist to ratio of 4-1. Odom has a assist/to ratio of 2.5-1, and CJ has a 2-1 assist / to ratio. All 3 frosh are going to play a lot as long as they stay smart.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Gold jersey is rewarded to the player who get the most accumulated points for many factors measured on some point system in practice. I am pretty sure no frosh has ever won it until this week. That is a major accomplishment. We shall see if it transfers to playing time performance.
    I saw today Steele said that they monitor every players fg %, assist/turnover ratio and through 34 practices Jones has an assist to ratio of 4-1. Odom has a assist/to ratio of 2.5-1, and CJ has a 2-1 assist / to ratio. All 3 frosh are going to play a lot as long as they stay smart.
    Could be wrong but I thought Zach won it at least once last year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    This is 100% false

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    Could be wrong but I thought Zach won it at least once last year.
    Yup, Freemantle won it last year, definitely not the only Freshman either... this started in Miller's tenure, went into Mack's, and now Steele's as well. Holloway is the all time leader with 18, Travis Taylor/JP Macura are tied for second with 16, Love 13, Reynolds 12 round out the top 5, Stainbrook/Blueitt with 11, and Semaj with 10 as the only ones to reach it double digits. The criteria is the following:

Practice stats are called the Xavier Way. Players’ names are charted in 14 categories with point assignments, so if a player makes a two-point basket in practice, for example, he is awarded two points for that bucket. Three points for a three. There are negative point assignments too, like minus-one for a foul.

A graphic with running tallies is displayed on a flat-screen TV at every practice. The categories are:

Twos (+2 points)
    Threes (+3)
    Defensive rebound (+1)
    Offensive rebound (+2)
    Assist (+2)
    Block steal (+1)
    Charge (+2)
    Draw foul (+1)
    Team win (+1)
    Turnover (-2)
    Foul (-1)
    Free-throw win (+1)
    Deflection (+1)
    Blow-by (-2)
    A free-throw win is awarded to the team – Blue or White – that shoots better that day at practice. A blow-by happens when a player beats his defender cleanly off the dribble; the negative points are charged to the player guarding the ball. The formula counts team wins for competitive segments, like 4-on-4 drills, thus making the gold jersey acquisition more than just an individual endeavor.

I see the line down to 18 at my book with the missing Xavier players. O/u 138.5.

Also, Greg Kampe is low key one of my favorite college basketball coaches. He's been there forever.

Supporting Member
    so, do we know who the players are, or will we not know until noon?