Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    A BIG F'ng NO...AND WHY?.... If Mr. Scruggs does not emerge as a consistent game changer and ALPHA dog in league play, we will not get where we want to be. The rest of the roster is impressive but Paul's play is paramount to any Championship aspersions.

Yes....Championship. ��
    I don’t think that it is going to be necessary for Scruggs to be the high scorer night after night. While he can get hot on some nights, he has not shown that he can be consistent. However, I believe that this team has many more players capable of scoring in double figures, than the last two teams had. X is not going to have to rely on Scruggs getting his points in order for the TEAM to score points. His assist to turnover rate may turn out to much more important than his scoring, when it comes to how well the team offense runs.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I don’t think that it is going to be necessary for Scruggs to be the high scorer night after night. While he can get hot on some nights, he has not shown that he can be consistent. However, I believe that this team has many more players capable of scoring in double figures, than the last two teams had. X is not going to have to rely on Scruggs getting his points in order for the TEAM to score points. His assist to turnover rate may turn out to much more important than his scoring, when it comes to how well the team offense runs.
    THIS is exactly the way I see it. I don’t want him being the next Naji or Q jacking up shots. I wish both of those guys all the best, but I saw a different and better style of basketball today. I’m NOT getting carried away after one game against Oakland, but it looked and felt different than anything I saw last year. In a very good way! The ball moved, the “shooters” made shots, we valued the ball more......... a much more enjoyable experience.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    THIS is exactly the way I see it. I don’t want him being the next Naji or Q jacking up shots. I wish both of those guys all the best, but I saw a different and better style of basketball today. I’m NOT getting carried away after one game against Oakland, but it looked and felt different than anything I saw last year. In a very good way! The ball moved, the “shooters” made shots, we valued the ball more......... a much more enjoyable experience.
    Agreed! I am actually more encouraged by how he handled the game. His shot wasn't falling early on, so instead of forcing the issue and wasting possessions shooting through it, he found the open teammate. In my mind, as long as the leader impacts the game while the teammates are getting points, there is very little to be concerned with in a game never really in jeopardy (I'd say 10 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals is a decent impact).

Supporting Member
    Next someone is going to be bitching that we didnt attempt enough free throws. Geezus, they won by 50...save the handwringing for another time.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm just happy to read handwringing again (for a little while).

Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 11-25-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Freshman
    Obviously a very small sample size. Having said that, we played 8 yesterday and every single player deserved the minutes they got. What if Stanley and Kunkel were eligible and Jones and CJ were available. How in the world do you manage those minutes? Great problem to have.