Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Is this true - from that tweet: “Xavier has now made more threes this game than any game in the last two seasons.”? Damn.

EDIT: Never mind. Not surprising.
    X A V I E R

Now i can't wait to see Colby Cheese and Wilcher. Damn virus!
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeagle View Post
    A bit older....but still fantastic, Stan Kimbrough.
    Unquestionably the best transfer is Tu Holloway.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yup, Freemantle won it last year, definitely not the only Freshman either... this started in Miller's tenure, went into Mack's, and now Steele's as well. Holloway is the all time leader with 18, Travis Taylor/JP Macura are tied for second with 16, Love 13, Reynolds 12 round out the top 5, Stainbrook/Blueitt with 11, and Semaj with 10 as the only ones to reach it double digits. The criteria is the following:

Practice stats are called the Xavier Way. Players’ names are charted in 14 categories with point assignments, so if a player makes a two-point basket in practice, for example, he is awarded two points for that bucket. Three points for a three. There are negative point assignments too, like minus-one for a foul.

A graphic with running tallies is displayed on a flat-screen TV at every practice. The categories are:

Twos (+2 points)
    Threes (+3)
    Defensive rebound (+1)
    Offensive rebound (+2)
    Assist (+2)
    Block steal (+1)
    Charge (+2)
    Draw foul (+1)
    Team win (+1)
    Turnover (-2)
    Foul (-1)
    Free-throw win (+1)
    Deflection (+1)
    Blow-by (-2)
    A free-throw win is awarded to the team – Blue or White – that shoots better that day at practice. A blow-by happens when a player beats his defender cleanly off the dribble; the negative points are charged to the player guarding the ball. The formula counts team wins for competitive segments, like 4-on-4 drills, thus making the gold jersey acquisition more than just an individual endeavor.
    Actually Scruggs is the all time time leader

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Now Scruggs is doing his best to impersonate Q....yikes!
    Would you STFU?

Junior
    Love the ball movement. Team just was easier to watch than last couple years. It was against a zone defense, Hope we see good ball movement against man to man

Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    Would you STFU?
    A BIG F'ng NO...AND WHY?.... If Mr. Scruggs does not emerge as a consistent game changer and ALPHA dog in league play, we will not get where we want to be. The rest of the roster is impressive but Paul's play is paramount to any Championship aspersions.

Yes....Championship. ��
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    I guess I’ll agree with the others. In a game where Xavier wins by 50 you are mad Scruggs wasn’t like Marshal (ball stopper) was last year.....seems odd. He is the leader and will take over when needed, it wasn’t needed today.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Not sure how good Bradley is, they only beat Toledo 61-59 on a last-second shot.

Coming into this week I was under the impression that Toledo would be the best team X would play. So tomorrow will probably be a good gauge of just what this team is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I guess I’ll agree with the others. In a game where Xavier wins by 50 you are mad Scruggs wasn’t like Marshal (ball stopper) was last year.....seems odd. He is the leader and will take over when needed, it wasn’t needed today.
    Sometimes a “leader” is just that by example and attitude. Strong D, steady influence. It does NOT mean you have to shoot and score more. Fewer turnovers, more assists and shutdown D are also the qualities of a leader. Ask Stanley Burrell. He made a living playing this game.