Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Stanley a no go

  1. #21
    Supporting Member 94GRAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dana's
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    $45,000 question now is, "Where will Stanley bring his basketball talent?"

    Sitting out a year and asking ma and pa to fork over some steep Jesuit tuition might be too steep . Hopefully X can find a way with Ben.
    Just because he has to sit out the year doesn't mean he's not on scholarship!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

  2. #22
    Supporting Member paulxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    15,816
    If he stay at X on scholarship while sitting out a year, can he practice with the team?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

  3. #23
    Supporting Member 94GRAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dana's
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If he stay at X on scholarship while sitting out a year, can he practice with the team?
    Yes
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

  4. #24
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springboro OH
    Posts
    959
    I just read the story about Stanley on the Enquirer website, and it made my blood boil. Fuck the NCAA.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

  5. #25
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springboro OH
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Will Big Ben hang around X campus until he can play in 2021?
    Please let’s not call him that nickname. It’s associated with a rapist.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

  6. #26
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    194
    Although I sympathize with Stanley for the manner in which the NCAA screwed with him, lest us not forget this team still appears deep enough to survive the loss of even a player of his talent.

    I expect to see Freemantle show growth from his very good freshman season. Carter, Miles and Griffin need to step up and hopefully we will see Ramsey in the lineup. Ramsey didn't see many minutes last year and was excluded from the scrimmage for, as I recall, "health issues". That, to me, is concerning. I'm just starting to begin to wonder if we will ever see Ramsey play. But, the other players mentioned have played recently so we seem to have acceptable talent in the front court. And, in regard to Stanley, I saw comments on this board earlier that his strengths are on the offensive end. I'll accept those comments at face value. Which means, frankly, if Jones is good enough to challenge for a starting position (as has been posted), our backcourt returnees and frosh recruits seem to be pretty damn good.

    Not to say we won't miss Stanley (and I feel for the guy) but this team still seems pretty well stocked (if I'm not being too optimistic). Now, we still have to play the games but Stanley's loss, to me, doesn't appreciably dampen this team's chances to compete in the B.E.

    Still for the record. F**k the NCAA!
    Last edited by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever; 11-21-2020 at 12:42 PM.

  7. #27
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Although I sympathize with Stanley for the manner in which the NCAA screwed with him, lest us not forget this team still appears deep enough to survive the loss of even a player of his talent.

    I expect to see Freemantle show growth from his very good freshman season. Carter, Miles and Griffin need to step up and hopefully we will see Ramsey in the lineup. Ramsey didn't see many minutes last year and was excluded from the scrimmage for, as I recall, "health issues". That, to me, is concerning. I'm just starting to begin to wonder if we will ever see Ramsey play. But, the other players mentioned have played recently so we seem to have acceptable talent in the front court. And, in regard to Stanley, I saw comments on this board earlier that his strengths are on the offensive end. I'll accept those comments at face value. Which means, frankly, if Jones is good enough to challenge for a starting position (as has been posted), our backcourt returnees and frosh recruits seem to be pretty damn good.

    Not to say we won't miss Stanley (and I feel for the guy) but this team still seems pretty well stocked (if I'm not being too optimistic). Now, we still have to play the games but Stanley's loss, to me, doesn't appreciably dampen this team's chances to compete in the B.E.

    Still for the record. F**k the NCAA!
    Guards solid. Looking a tad thin on experience with power forward position. Miles and Ramsey need to step up to support Zach and Jason. Who knows what Griffin. as a d2 player can contribute. Tyrique Jones was limited offensively but boy he sure could rebound. Freemantle is more of an offensive threat but he hopefully can step up on defense and rebounding. Carter is a mystery. Jason hopefully will show up as the man we witnessed late in the season. Let Ben play! I hope Stanley plays for X for 2 years.

  8. #28
    Supporting Member Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Ridge
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Typical NCAA...no rhyme or reason except that the suitcase of money given to then wasnt big enough. I'm sure if he was transferring to Kentucky, he would have been immediately eligible.
    Unfortunately, that suitcase of money was inadvertently delivered to Cincinnati City Council. An honest mistake.
    No, I be concubining.

  9. #29
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    Unfortunately, that suitcase of money was inadvertently delivered to Cincinnati City Council. An honest mistake.
    Public reps....Well Done!

  10. #30
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Springboro OH
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Although I sympathize with Stanley for the manner in which the NCAA screwed with him, lest us not forget this team still appears deep enough to survive the loss of even a player of his talent.

    I expect to see Freemantle show growth from his very good freshman season. Carter, Miles and Griffin need to step up and hopefully we will see Ramsey in the lineup. Ramsey didn't see many minutes last year and was excluded from the scrimmage for, as I recall, "health issues". That, to me, is concerning. I'm just starting to begin to wonder if we will ever see Ramsey play. But, the other players mentioned have played recently so we seem to have acceptable talent in the front court. And, in regard to Stanley, I saw comments on this board earlier that his strengths are on the offensive end. I'll accept those comments at face value. Which means, frankly, if Jones is good enough to challenge for a starting position (as has been posted), our backcourt returnees and frosh recruits seem to be pretty damn good.

    Not to say we won't miss Stanley (and I feel for the guy) but this team still seems pretty well stocked (if I'm not being too optimistic). Now, we still have to play the games but Stanley's loss, to me, doesn't appreciably dampen this team's chances to compete in the B.E.

    Still for the record. Fuck the NCAA!
    I agree with this, and add that this could be a blessing in disguise, as it will allow more opportunity for development of our young guys, which will pay off in the long term. I'm not terribly concerned about this year, as it could end up a covid shit-show anyway.

    By the way, I fixed that for you. There's no reason to hold censor the anger the pathetic NCAA deserves. By the way, they approved several more waivers yesterday for, IMHO, situations with less merit than Stanley's.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •