Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley a no go

Stanley a no go

Stanley's waiver denied by Ncaa. What a crock

Supporting Member
    Typical NCAA...no rhyme or reason except that the suitcase of money given to then wasnt big enough. I'm sure if he was transferring to Kentucky, he would have been immediately eligible.

Junior
    Does anyone know who else has been denied this season ? And is there any appeal process ? And did Hampton bitch about this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Stanley's waiver denied by Ncaa. What a crock
    This is a gigantic set back for Ben Stanley. So disappointing. What does he do now? Walk back to Hampton or start auditioning for prospected Pro teams?
    He is a very good athlete. NCAA just popped his opportunity bubble. X now needs major playing time from Fremantle, Carter, Griffin , Miles, or Ramsey.
    My first reaction was ,”Crap! can Ben appeal this?” Steele messaged his disappointment but glad Ben could meet Xavier. Such a shame. Looking back on the waivers, I guess we should assume that it was bad news. Let’s go X. Good luck Ben!

Learning disability needed better in person opportunity. Is that a stretch or reasonable plea from a transfer?

Typical NCAA.....time to lawyer up I guess grrrrr

Evidently he had already been denied once, and this latest ruling was a denial of his appeal.

I think if I was him I’d be looking for a lawyer and seeking an injunction against this ruling by the NCAA. Everyone knows that come January the members are going to vote to allow transfers without sitting out starting next year.

Even Steele made a comment about other “bullshit” transfers, and how this was a real legitimate transfer because of academic opportunities being better at X, than Hampton, because Hampton is doing only virtual classes and Stanley has some learning difficulties. I don’t think this ruling makes any sense, or anyone happy.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 11-20-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Link to enquirer article

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Xavier forward Ben Stanley's waiver request denied by the NCAA

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...aa/3767934001/

Fuck the NCAA. Bunch of hypocritical bastards.

I wonder if adding Kunkel to the waiver list hurt Stanley’s chances. It shouldn’t, but I wonder

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Fuck the NCAA. Bunch of hypocritical bastards.
    Not that I am on the side of the NCAA, BUT if Stanley had an issue with online learning, he would have hundreds of schools that could teach him in person.
    X, as the upgrade in competition, looks like a basketball school grabbing some good talent.

X can dress this up as much as they can as the school looking out for a student athlete. It's all about basketball.