Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanley a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I wonder if adding Kunkel to the waiver list hurt Stanley’s chances. It shouldn’t, but I wonder
    $45,000 question now is, "Where will Stanley bring his basketball talent?"

Sitting out a year and asking ma and pa to fork over some steep Jesuit tuition might be too steep . Hopefully X can find a way with Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Not that I am on the side of the NCAA, BUT if Stanley had an issue with online learning, he would have hundreds of schools that could teach him in person.
    X, as the upgrade in competition, looks like a basketball school grabbing some good talent.

X can dress this up as much as they can as the school looking out for a student athlete. It's all about basketball.
    Shouldn’t matter if he chose X partly because of basketball, should only matter why he left Hampton. If his reasoning for leaving Hampton is legit, he should be granted immediate eligibility if he transfer to ANY school that could help him to overcome his academic difficulties, no matter what the basketball situation would be. Read the article I linked, it’s pretty self-explanatory.

Junior
    Not that I am on the side of the NCAA, BUT if Stanley had an issue with online learning, he would have hundreds of schools that could teach him in person.
    X, as the upgrade in competition, looks like a basketball school grabbing some good talent.

X can dress this up as much as they can as the school looking out for a student athlete. It's all about basketball.
    They're all basketball grabs. What planet did you just come from ? Do you think coaches go looking for guys who can't play ? Or were you just posting nonsense ?

Sure but Kentucky had no problem getting the guy from Wake and Rhode Island approved.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Sure but Kentucky had no problem getting the guy from Wake and Rhode Island approved.
    I’m not agreeing with the silly logic. It’s what the other side of the story says.

WTF? So much for having that "junk yard dog" type in Coach Steele's tool box....we really don't have a player like him. I just hope he will stick around and rub off on our youngsters.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    WTF? So much for having that "junk yard dog" type in Coach Steele's tool box....we really don't have a player like him. I just hope he will stick around and rub off on our youngsters.
    Amen

Amen
    Will Big Ben hang around X campus until he can play in 2021?

Will Big Ben hang around X campus until he can play in 2021?
    I pray that is the case. I have to be honest and say I really don’t know what all the options are, with their pros and cons. Explanations are welcome.

Gotta say, Coach Steele is definitely sticking up for Stanley and cares about his guys, between calling the waiver process "bullshit" and saying "The NCAA always talks about student-athletes, I don't ever want to hear that again" he's going to bat for the guy, this is just a ridiculous decision honestly.