Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    18,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Naji has a two way deal with the Pelicans. It’s a strange year without summer league, and many held the opinion it was better to be a FA than get drafted late in 2nd round. Best of luck to Naji.
    Good. At least he’ll get paid some and not have to go overseas to do it.
    This year is F-ed up.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  2. #12
    Supporting Member bobbiemcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,223
    This space for rent.

  3. #13
    Junior Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote from the article: “ So, why didn’t Marshall get drafted yesterday? Because he’s a train wreck of a shooter.”

    Wow that’s a bit harsh... He’s no Steph Curry but he is not a train wreck. He’s just not a go-to guy. I think it’s a steal as a spot up shooter he is at least average and possibly better. Not to mention he has hit some big time clutch shots. Good get for the Pels.

    Tyrique should get a look today as a two way player as well.

  4. #14
    Supporting Member bjf123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    3,738
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    ...most can't be a fan of both anymore which used to be a given
    I stopped being an NBA fan decades ago when they stopped playing basketball. Call the damned travel and carry and donít coddle the stars. They can be touched and itís not a foul.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

  5. #15
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,953
    Hard to be a fan when you don’t have a dog in the fight....

    Cincinnati Royals
    1957-1972
    RIP

    I was born in 1956 near Rochester NY (which is where they moved from in 1957) and was a sophomore in a Cincinnati HS in 1972, when they moved out to KC. I followed them almost my entire life up until then. After they left I swore off the NBA. I doubt I’ve seen an entire NBA game since then. Still hurts.

  6. #16
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Quote from the article: “ So, why didn’t Marshall get drafted yesterday? Because he’s a train wreck of a shooter.”

    Wow that’s a bit harsh... He’s no Steph Curry but he is not a train wreck. He’s just not a go-to guy. I think it’s a steal as a spot up shooter he is at least average and possibly better. Not to mention he has hit some big time clutch shots. Good get for the Pels.

    Tyrique should get a look today as a two way player as well.
    Shooting under 30 percent from 3 in the college game at a position you need to shoot well, sounds like a trainwreck to me.

  7. #17
    No surprise. Will be another fringe guy and IMHO, just not enough talent to gain a spot and make a career in the NBA. Should head to Europe, play 10 years and make some dough.

  8. #18
    Junior Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Shooting under 30 percent from 3 in the college game at a position you need to shoot well, sounds like a trainwreck to me.
    Shot 35% from 3 as a freshman with less usage and over 70% from FT line shows some promise to not be bad. That’s not a train wreck...

  9. #19
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Shooting under 30 percent from 3 in the college game at a position you need to shoot well, sounds like a trainwreck to me.
    I thought he was a good but not great 3 point shooter when he took good shots. The problem was that he insisted on shooting 3-4 step back threes every game with a guy in his face. He goes down in my book as one of the most frustrating X players I've watched. Very talented and the best player on the team. Often did great things. But also frequently made bad decisions (like his step back threes). His Kenpom Offensive rating last year was just a hair above average. I think that rating accurately reflects his overall play last year.

  10. #20
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    18,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Shot 35% from 3 as a freshman with less usage and over 70% from FT line shows some promise to not be bad. That’s not a train wreck...
    Compared to NBA peers, that is a train wreck for that position.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •