Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior

Naji and the NBA

Supposedly the Pacers are seriously looking at Marshall for their mid 50s pick in tonite's NBA draft. Partially due to the fact of how high they are on Sumner, another X product with shooting issues, but an NBA body. If nothing else he 'll be trade bait throw in for the Pacers quest to unload Miles Turner and get Gordon Hayward.

Junior
    I'd say he has about a 50/50 shot of drafted in the 2nd round. The only concern is that teams love spending 2nd round picks on overseas players so they can keep them over there for 3 years and see what they become.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I'd say he has about a 50/50 shot of drafted in the 2nd round. The only concern is that teams love spending 2nd round picks on overseas players so they can keep them over there for 3 years and see what they become.
    Honest question, has that still been the pattern with the increased development of the G league? I figure teams would have wanted to start bringing these projects in house to control their development.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Honest question, has that still been the pattern with the increased development of the G league? I figure teams would have wanted to start bringing these projects in house to control their development.
    Some teams have been known to burn 2nd round picks on guys they know will never play in the NBA. Their rights are used as a trade piece later down the line when a player or pick need to be exchanged. The success rate on 2nd round picks is low as it is so sometimes it’s better to draft someone you know won’t be around vs a guy who will be competing for a spot that you don’t have available.

Junior
    No Naji in NBA.
    Alexander & Powell left at the altar also.

Guess he'll go overseas if he can't find a team that wants to take a flyer on him
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Bey and Paul Reed only Big East draftees. I have a hard time following it now and the path seems harder than ever. There is now a HUGE disconnect between college and NBA...most can't be a fan of both anymore which used to be a given
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    No Naji in NBA.
    Alexander & Powell left at the altar also.