Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 150 of 150
  1. #141
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    So he's a stretch four that's not a stretch four? Got it.

    And we're the clueless ones when all of the articles also say he's a stretch four? Got it.)

    Again, pointless debate with people who act like you. Special breed.
    May want to actually read the articles before posting, a couple quotes:

    - Throughout his career at Villanova, Jenkins fluctuated between playing the ‘three’ and the ‘four
    - I also believe Jay has his reasons for muting Jenkins's minutes (and thus impact), but I'm really hoping he breaks through the ~55-60% minutes played barrier and becomes a more vital part of the rotation

    He was a 3 point specialist, did not come close to excelling at anything else. When they went small, he played the 4 but it was situational.

    Can you explain how you differentiate “ can he bang” versus banger. One would think they are pretty much the same and Jenkins clearly did neither regardless of your definition.

  2. #142
    All-Conference
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,388
    Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    May want to actually read the articles before posting, a couple quotes:

    - Throughout his career at Villanova, Jenkins fluctuated between playing the ‘three’ and the ‘four
    - I also believe Jay has his reasons for muting Jenkins's minutes (and thus impact), but I'm really hoping he breaks through the ~55-60% minutes played barrier and becomes a more vital part of the rotation

    He was a 3 point specialist, did not come close to excelling at anything else. When they went small, he played the 4 but it was situational.

    Can you explain how you differentiate “ can he bang” versus banger. One would think they are pretty much the same and Jenkins clearly did neither regardless of your definition.
    1.) I posted the articles—the first one literally has the title stretch four in it and starts talking about Jenkins. The third literally says stretch big man, and discusses his strengths which were/are stretch four attributes in college. Yeah he played the 3 at times.
    2.) I have no clue where you are getting banger from in regards to Jenkins
    3.) I really don’t think you understand what a stretch four is
    Last edited by Xville; 02-22-2021 at 09:49 PM.

  3. #143
    Giggity Giggity nuts4xu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Xavier Nation
    Posts
    5,975
    Xville vs Jehardi is like watching 2 monkeys trying to hump a football

    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    May want to actually read the articles before posting, a couple quotes:

    - Throughout his career at Villanova, Jenkins fluctuated between playing the ‘three’ and the ‘four
    - I also believe Jay has his reasons for muting Jenkins's minutes (and thus impact), but I'm really hoping he breaks through the ~55-60% minutes played barrier and becomes a more vital part of the rotation

    He was a 3 point specialist, did not come close to excelling at anything else. When they went small, he played the 4 but it was situational.

    Can you explain how you differentiate “ can he bang” versus banger. One would think they are pretty much the same and Jenkins clearly did neither regardless of your definition.
    Wow, you just keep digging don't you?

    Can't stop, won't stop.

  5. #145
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,874
    LH, are you out there? We need you for this conversation.

  6. #146
    Supporting Member UCGRAD4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,408
    Can I put IGNORE on this whole thread?

    Just seems more satisfying than just not clicking.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

  7. #147
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,102
    240 pounds is a lot of weight for a small forward/guard. Maybe he was big boned.

  8. #148
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    4,767
    I am excited about Tucker. Feel like the roster is going to be really skilled moving forward. I think Xavier was lucky to get this guy due to him being young and really missing out on the aau scene last year. Think he would have blown up.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/RYZEHoops...13973823635457

  9. #149
    Sophomore Xuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I am excited about Tucker. Feel like the roster is going to be really skilled moving forward. I think Xavier was lucky to get this guy due to him being young and really missing out on the aau scene last year. Think he would have blown up.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/RYZEHoops...13973823635457
    That Twitter photo is from last year. Tucker looks quite different now sporting an all business haircut and sweat band. Here is recent game footage vs top ranked Milton. Elijah is #4......Cherokee loses in OT.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Zu7K8FiWM

    I have seen several older videos of him and I swear he looks 2" taller!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

  10. #150
    Sophomore IM4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    That Twitter photo is from last year. Tucker looks quite different now sporting an all business haircut and sweat band. Here is recent game footage vs top ranked Milton. Elijah is #4......Cherokee loses in OT.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Zu7K8FiWM

    I have seen several older videos of him and I swear he looks 2" taller!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Plenty to like about him in the video. A few little concerns: His reaction at the 4:46 mark makes me wonder if he might have a little Jalen Reynolds in him (I.e. easily provoked and prone to technicals). I also would like to see a bit more toughness defensively in the post. But overall, he looks like a really nice addition to the team.
    Last edited by IM4X; Today at 10:24 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •