Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Can someone bring me up to speed on Kunkel? Is it expected he can play right away or does he have to wait a year first?
    They're applying for a waiver this week. Who knows when it will be answered and decided.

Should find out tomorrow or Wednesday about Stanley's waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    They're applying for a waiver this week. Who knows when it will be answered and decided.
    Kunkel is on record as wanting to sit a year, get stronger, and more acclimated to Xavier and our style of play. When he transferred to X, he had zero intentions to seek a waiver. Now that the NCAA is giving waivers out left and right, they are pursuing the option. I am not optimistic about the waiver being approved for Kunkel.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Kunkel is on record as wanting to sit a year, get stronger, and more acclimated to Xavier and our style of play. When he transferred to X, he had zero intentions to seek a waiver. Now that the NCAA is giving waivers out left and right, they are pursuing the option. I am not optimistic about the waiver being approved for Kunkel.
    I thought that it was also due to every one basically getting a "free year" as well right? Basically this year won't count so why not just try to get a waiver and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I thought that it was also due to every one basically getting a "free year" as well right? Basically this year won't count so why not just try to get a waiver and see what happens?
    Exactly. This year won’t count against his eligibility, so why not play?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Exactly. This year won’t count against his eligibility, so why not play?
    Yes. According to a Steele interview, he pretty much said the same thing to him. Of course the NCAA knows of his initial desire to sit which probably doesn’t bode well for his chances.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Yes. According to a Steele interview, he pretty much said the same thing to him. Of course the NCAA knows of his initial desire to sit which probably doesn’t bode well for his chances.
    The whole idea of a waiver is that the player changed his mind and wishes to play immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    The whole idea of a waiver is that the player changed his mind and wishes to play immediately.
    Tell that to the wise and consistently rock-solid gatekeepers at NCAA high command.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Originally, the idea of the waiver was that there were circumstances that were a reason that the rule that a player sit out for a year should be waived. Such things as a sick parent or other things along that line that should be considered. The player not getting playing time at their original school and wishing to get more playing time, or the opportunity to play at a higher level institution, were not considered sufficient reasons.

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they are deciding it now.

Watch Stanley get denied and Kunkel get approved.

That would be the most 'NCAA' outcome..ever
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo