Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Freshman

No NCAA basketball this year?

The Ivy League has decided to not have winter sports at their member schools. Spring sports have been put on hold at least until Feburary and Fall sports will NOT have a spring season!

I'm not sure what to think about this, honestly. It seems kind of likely that indoor winter sports will be cancelled, but who knows?
    Eat Donuts!

Supporting Member
    if college basketball doesn't happen this year, I really don't know how that is going to work financially. Without diving deep into it, I would think college sports overall would be in deep doo doo

Ivy had no football either, they do not move the needle for college sports. Hoops will be played in two weeks time.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    Ivy had no football either, they do not move the needle for college sports. Hoops will be played in two weeks time.
    True it will be played in two weeks, I'm worried for 2-3 weeks after that. This isn't football where you can have 5-10 guys with covid, isolate them, and still play a game. Hopefully there is minimal disruption, and the season will be somewhat "normal."

Geesh the negativity. I still think they make it work. It will be interesting and look similar to CFB with some game cancellations and reschedules for sure. They need to forge ahead and do the best they can.

Such a shame. It wouldn't shock me if 1/2 of all universities shut done every sporting event. Universities are losing a ton of money with students are staying close to home.
    Last edited by xukeith; 11-13-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Geesh the negativity. I still think they make it work. It will be interesting and look similar to CFB with some game cancellations and reschedules for sure. They need to forge ahead and do the best they can.
    Im also now reading that the CFP may now be cancelled or delayed and that the Big 12 commish is saying that he does NOT want to have the playoffs in February.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basket View Post
    Im also now reading that the CFP may now be cancelled or delayed and that the Big 12 commish is saying that he does NOT want to have the playoffs in February.
    who cares what the big 12 commish thinks? They don't have to worry about being in the playoffs

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    who cares what the big 12 commish thinks? They don't have to worry about being in the playoffs
    I agree BUT he's on the committee.