Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Should find out tomorrow or Wednesday about Stanley's waiver.
    Why did you post this? There is ZERO out there to back this up. Where are getting this info?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Why did you post this? There is ZERO out there to back this up. Where are getting this info?
    There was an article in the Cincy Enquirer with quotes from Travis, indicated they expect to hear on Stanley’s waiver this week and are finalizing the submission for Kunkel and hope to have that in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Billy Pratt View Post
    There was an article in the Cincy Enquirer with quotes from Travis, indicated they expect to hear on Stanley’s waiver this week and are finalizing the submission for Kunkel and hope to have that in soon.
    I'm not expecting the NCAA to approve Kunkel. so he'll be part of the 10% who don't get approved. Stupid and arbitrary system.

Junior
    Why did they wait so long for the Kunkel request ? And did someone eff up the Stanley request ? I'd venture Uk or Duke would have received same day approval, since they get the Amazon Prime treatment from the NCAA.

Coach Steele told a reporter this and it was in print. Check it out.

Well well welt. There was NOT Zero (double negative?)out there. Apologies expected and accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Why did they wait so long for the Kunkel request ? And did someone eff up the Stanley request ? I'd venture Uk or Duke would have received same day approval, since they get the Amazon Prime treatment from the NCAA.
    Actually, I think they have their own approval stamps for such minor issues like this. It’s the rest of us who have to wait and cross our fingers.

From the Cincinnati.com article

Steele said he expects a decision on Stanley's waiver next week and Xavier should have Kunkel's waiver paperwork ready to send to the NCAA early next week as well.

With all due respect, that’s not a guarantee that we will know anything this week, let alone on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Edit: Now watch, the NCAA will let Kunkel play, but won’t make that decision until December, and won’t let Stanley play at all and will somehow say his paperwork got lost. Or they will tell us tomorrow and this will be for naught.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 11-10-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Junior
    . Or they will tell us tomorrow and this will be for naught.[/QUOTE]
    Hopefully this is the case, and bball will finally dominate this site and the Politics and Covid threads will be relegated to minor spots.

Should find out tomorrow or Wednesday about Stanley's waiver.
    Coach Steele told a reporter this and it was in print. Check it out.
    I did check it out and that's why I was curious about your initial post. No where in the article mentions Tuesday or Wednesday....you made it sound like you had inside info specific to those days.

Tuesday has come and gone. So here's to hoping he gets green lighted today and your hunch proves to be accurate because, for a seemingly open/shut waiver, this has taken WAY too long.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club