Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
    And yes people were talking about how Niva got a great seed but the Suite choked in the dance. Think it happened two years in a row if I’m not mistaken.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    They WERE overrated. They were rated #1, and they were clearly #2. Scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    The person who mentioned all the teams they beat, let’s look at those teams. BYU is garbage, Oklahoma is garbage (we beat them) Creighton is garbage (we beat them) Kansas was garbage, Virginia garbage, UCLA took OT and a freak shot and they are coached by YTG. Their so called tough schedule was ranked 101 Non Con. Only reason they finished up with a 72 sos was because Kenton counted the tournament. Overhyped Europeans. Also how many of their players played professionally for their country? Is that allowed?
    Overhyped Europeans?? What the hell are you talking about? They have one player from Europe who played meaningful minutes. Hate to break it to you, but making a final 4 is a HUGE deal. Every program in the country hangs a banner for it...it's called a Regional Championship. They have literally won EVERYTHING except a National Title, so saying they haven't won ANYTHING is just a straight up lie..or being willfully ignorant. I hate to break it to you, but they aren't going anywhere soon. They are recruiting at a high level and will be ranked in the top 5 to start next season. They have the #2 ranked PG and #5 ranked center coming in next year(both 'Mericans!). Not bad for a 2 man class.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

The person who mentioned all the teams they beat, let’s look at those teams. BYU is garbage, Oklahoma is garbage (we beat them) Creighton is garbage (we beat them) Kansas was garbage, Virginia garbage, UCLA took OT and a freak shot and they are coached by YTG. Their so called tough schedule was ranked 101 Non Con. Only reason they finished up with a 72 sos was because Kenton counted the tournament. Overhyped Europeans. Also how many of their players played professionally for their country? Is that allowed?
    The Zags really have 4 international players (tough to count Nembhard from Canada...lots of teams here have Canadian players). Of the 4, only one saw playing time last night...Ayayi. He enrolled at Gonzaga when he was 17. He does play for the French national team in FIBA competition, but I think that's allowed since they don't receive a salary, only expenses. Not sure about that though.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Overrated , can’t win the big one. Time to move on from sucking them off. Nobody counts 2nd place banners, they count championships. Next year will the same ole crap. I can’t change how you feel about the Zogs but I hate them and they are the most overhyped & overrated team the past 15 years. F EM
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Overrated , can’t win the big one. Time to move on from sucking them off. Nobody counts 2nd place banners, they count championships. Next year will the same ole crap. I can’t change how you feel about the Zogs but I hate them and they are the most overhyped & overrated team the past 15 years. F EM
    Yeah you will really hate them next year. They are bringing in the #1 and #6 players in the country. The number 1 player is a 7 footer with skills and they will also probably get the 7 foot transfer from North Carolina. The will lose Kispert and Suggs I would imagine.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They were the top two teams in the preseason top 25. I don’t know how many times that’s happened, but I would venture to say...not often.
    This was the 5th...yeah, so not often.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think sports center this is the third time...last time was duke-Arizona in 01
    Oh, I thought I saw 5th. Either way not often.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

As recently as 6 years ago Gonzaga was overrated and over talked about. The last 6 years though they have had as good a run as anyone not named Villanova. They took it up 10 notches in the last 6 years. I think they do have advantages to playing in a crappy conference (but it took a coach like Few who didn't want to leave to overcome initial disadvantages of being in a smaller conference) but they play a really good non conference and usually win the majority of those.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Yeah you will really hate them next year. They are bringing in the #1 and #6 players in the country. The number 1 player is a 7 footer with skills and they will also probably get the 7 foot transfer from North Carolina. The will lose Kispert and Suggs I would imagine.
    If holmgren does indeed go there, I highly doubt Kessler will and vice versa. Both of those players are going to want to play a lot and doubt Gonzaga will play three or four bigs at once since I’m assuming timme and the 7’0 freshman will be coming back.

Making a lot of assumptions just because top players are coming in that they will of a sudden be awesome again. That’s a fallacy as evidenced by duke and Kentucky this year. They are losing their entire starting backcourt and leadership.