Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    St Joe's halts ALL b-ball activity for 14 days because of one positive test?! I hope that type of over-reaction doesn't spread to other programs:

https://www.inquirer.com/college-spo...-20201129.html
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    St Joe's halts ALL b-ball activity for 14 days because of one positive test?! I hope that type of over-reaction doesn't spread to other programs:

That is exactly what you will see at Xavier and other places most likely if any tier 1 personnel test positive. Unless you somehow avoided exposure for a large portion of you players which I would imagine would be hard to do given they have to all practice with one another.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Yep. That is one of the reasons why I am happy X has played so many games so quickly. If they manage to play UC and Oklahoma- that will be nice. Get in as many games as we can, we will be hit by this at some point. 100% (either X will be in quarantine or a team X was scheduled to play). The more games played the better for March Madness

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post

Butler did the same thing a week ago, and cancelled 3 games. None of their players have had any bball activity since then, and won't for another week.

DePaul hasn’t even played a game yet, last nigHt was UC’s 1st of the season. Having so many of those early season tourneys cancelled has really messed up a lot of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    DePaul hasn’t even played a game yet, last nigHt was UC’s 1st of the season. Having so many of those early season tourneys cancelled has really messed up a lot of teams.
    Definitely agree, but then I tend to wonder if teams can be more proactive, Huggins called up Gonzaga and ESPN when a team dropped out of the tournament and said "we'll play you if you're game," and set it up, look at BYU and Coastal Carolina and that's college football where you have 100+ people per team including coaches, staff, players, etc. It's a weird time, but I wonder if any of these programs could have been a bit more proactive in scheduling, kind of have to adapt to the times (unless COVID has ran through the team of course)

Watching UConn and USC. 39-34 UConn at half. I am convinced that Hurley will become my new favorite opposition coach. His sideline antics are priceless. And his expressions. Wears his emotions on his sleeve, as they like to say.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 12-03-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Supporting Member
    Bouknight is such a player...big fan of his game

UConn is going to be a definite plus for the BE conference. A great addition.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    The #1-#2 matchup between Baylor and Gonzaga has been postponed because of positive tests within the Gonzaga travel party.