Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    NOT good. Things are getting far worse at the time we have (possible) answers. All I know is I don’t know who or what to believe.

If the NBA can do it in a bubble, we should be able to do it in arenas with no fans.
    We'll all just watch on TV.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Can't say I'm terribly surprised considering how much information has came out about it once the allegations began, not to mention the mass exodus off the roster recently.
    Not to worry, Koch will just have to write another big check.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If the NBA can do it in a bubble, we should be able to do it in arenas with no fans.
    We'll all just watch on TV.
    Yes, but the NBA isolated players from spouses, kids, friends, and they were only going to places within the bubble. Colleges can't do a bubble so easily. Even if they could get players to isolate where they live, you still have lots of people coming around that you can't control. All kinds of staff support the whole behind-the-scenes system.

With football, even if a few players got sick, there's enough on the roster for someone to step in and play. You get a few sick hoops players, or even the student managers, it becomes a major story line, which schools may be loathe to endure. Folks who bitch about state schools spending too much on athletics might ask why are we risking even more than money?

I'd say the TV money is the only thing they'd try to play for, from an administrative standpoint. College kids are more likely to survive COVID, but just surviving isn't necessarily a good thing, as it can impact you long term.

Until the vaccines start arriving, colleges may choose to hold off. The cases are skyrocketing across campuses in every state. They have enough to worry about just not collapsing the entire system, then worry about if we enjoy watching a game a few nights a week.

I hope I'm wrong, because I love watching. But it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Officially resigns... with a buyout of $7.75 million.

My sense is that the season will happen in some for due to the money needed by the programs.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Officially resigns... with a buyout of $7.75 million.
    Matta next?
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Matta next?
    That would be awesome if only because I'd probably get to meet him, and of course my first question would be how on earth was Greg Oden not called for an intentional foul!

I heard definitively no Matta. Which means of course Matta is next!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Normally, I'd think of Chris Jans as a potential replacement, but you gotta wonder if Wichita is going to stay away from former Marshall assistants. Jans was fired for making an ass of himself in a bar during his Bowling Green days, but he seems to have cleaned up his act at New Mexico State.