Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    LOL, Fort Hays State. How long will Weber make it this year?

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    They got smoked in the first half. Kinda surprising.
    Yeah, it was.

Last year VA Tech was expected to suck. They did really well in an early season MTE and people were talking about how they'd be one of the surprise teams of the season. Then November ended, they started losing, and fell off the face of the Earth.

It looks like we are seeing a repeat of that this year.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I'm sure it's just a complete coincidence that Coach K thinks it's time to reassess whether we should be playing college basketball right AFTER his team got spanked at home for their second non-conference home loss to a Big Ten opponent.

Probably the highest Illinois has been ranked since Self was there. I can't remember the last time they were any good in basketball... or football, for that matter.

Junior
    Only thing I remember from Illinois is they had that awesome comeback against Arizona in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by XU 23 View Post
    Probably the highest Illinois has been ranked since Self was there. I can't remember the last time they were any good in basketball... or football, for that matter.
    Bruce Weber was the coach when Illinois finished the season #1 and were national runner ups to North Carolina. Bill Self left for Kansas two years earlier.

Illinois and Iowa both looked impressive in their victories over the two ACC bluebloods last night
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Only thing I remember from Illinois is they had that awesome comeback against Arizona in the tournament
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Bruce Weber was the coach when Illinois finished the season #1 and were national runner ups to North Carolina. Bill Self left for Kansas two years earlier.
    Same year! That was in the Elite Eight. They went on to beat Louisville in the Final Four. At the time I was for Louisville. Looking back on it now, I'm glad Illinois beat them. At that young age I hadn't yet fully understood just how packed full of shit Rick Pitino was.

Junior
    Can someone explain this Covid business as it relates to BBall ? We have 3 guess quarantined for 2 weeks and play 5 games. Other schools ( Butler, etc) have 1 guy test positive and shut the whole program down for 2 weeks. What gives ?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm sure it's just a complete coincidence that Coach K thinks it's time to reassess whether we should be playing college basketball right AFTER his team got spanked at home for their second non-conference home loss to a Big Ten opponent.
    Brought to you by the same guy that said (correctly) that cancelling the 2021 NCAA Tournament might be the death knell for a number of programs.

But it really is unfair of ESPN to insist that Duke gets to host B1G teams in front of the Cameron Cutouts.