Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I guess I’m more thinking about the younger players than someone like Carter or even Scruggs. I really think that with time and hard work that they can be just as good as anyone on the Nova roster. I expect Nova to continue to get top recruits for as long as Wright is there, but I hope that Xavier can get some to, and that with hard work and experience they will compete just fine. Steele wasn’t left with much to work with, but I’m happy with the first two recruiting classes.
    Gotcha understood. I guess in two years, we shall see. I’m hopeful that Steele can get the roster where it needs to be, and that these two recruiting classes will further develop, but if it was that easy, everyone would look like nova.

11 top 25 games scheduled for tonight.

7 are postponed.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    11 top 25 games scheduled for tonight.

7 are postponed.
    Getting to a point where I’m thinking the NCAA should pause the season and pick it back up mid-Feb. Postpone the tourney until mid-April or early May. Maybe by putting everyone on break they could get some kind of control on this thing. Right now I have almost no hope that the season actually makes it to March Madness.

Getting to a point where I’m thinking the NCAA should pause the season and pick it back up mid-Feb. Postpone the tourney until mid-April or early May. Maybe by putting everyone on break they could get some kind of control on this thing. Right now I have almost no hope that the season actually makes it to March Madness.
    Yeah 15 days, two months and it will get better. Have heard that for almost a year now. It isn’t happening this year, at least for basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Yeah 15 days, two months and it will get better. Have heard that for almost a year now. It isn’t happening this year, at least for basketball.
    I get what you’re saying, but what they are trying right now isn’t working. Might be time to TRY something else.

I’m thinking of the players and coaches and all the starts, stops, cancelations, and postponements, all of the indecisiveness and unpredictability. I think that the vast majority of players and coaches would rather be shut down for the season than to continue to go through these postponements. It’s got to be driving them nuts!
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 01-21-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

I think that the vast majority of players and coaches would rather be shut down for the season than to continue to go through these postponements.
    Really?

I mean I am definitely sure it is driving them nuts. But the vast majority would rather shut down and cancel the season? Really? If that were even remotely true why wouldnt we be at least seeing some players or teams opting out for the rest of the season?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Why on earth would anyone prefer that? So they can get back to.....what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Really?

I mean I am definitely sure it is driving them nuts. But the vast majority would rather shut down and cancel the season? Really? If that were even remotely true why wouldnt we be at least seeing some players or teams opting out for the rest of the season?
    I think many are getting to that point, yes. But I don’t think it’s something where hardly any of them are given a choice. We have seen some of the women’s teams shut down, but they don’t have the contractual agreements or money pressure the men’s teams do. Nobody wants to be labeled a “quitter”, but I’d still guess that the majority of players and coaches would now vote to shut it down if given the choice. Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Why on earth would anyone prefer that? So they can get back to.....what exactly?
    A little more FREEDOM? Life? Remember, the NCAA has already granted all of them an extra year of eligibility. This year doesn’t count. I have absolutely no doubt that we are going to see several teams be forced to forfeit games in the NCAA tourney, or have to back out participating at the last minute. Is that what they are having to look forward to? Going through all of this he’ll of a season, just to have the opportunity to compete in the tourney taken away from at the last minute ?

Or......do the players become just regular students who don’t have to go into quarantine for 2 weeks at a time because someone in their class is sick. Coaches and staff can have interaction with their families, spend time with their kids.

I was one of the most dedicated college athletes you can imagine. I literally gave up a social life during the long winter season. I trained/practiced year round, everyday, holidays included. I loved it, still do. But I don’t think I would voluntarily have gone through what these kids are going through, and I know for a fact that few if any of my teammates over the years would have even considered it if given a choice where they wouldn’t have lost any eligibility or their place on the team.

A little more FREEDOM? Life? Remember, the NCAA has already granted all of them an extra year of eligibility. This year doesn’t count. I have absolutely no doubt that we are going to see several teams be forced to forfeit games in the NCAA tourney, or have to back out participating at the last minute. Is that what they are having to look forward to? Going through all of this he’ll of a season, just to have the opportunity to compete in the tourney taken away from at the last minute ?

Or......do the players become just regular students who don’t have to go into quarantine for 2 weeks at a time because someone in their class is sick. Coaches and staff can have interaction with their families, spend time with their kids.

I was one of the most dedicated college athletes you can imagine. I literally gave up a social life during the long winter season. I trained/practiced year round, everyday, holidays included. I loved it, still do. But I don’t think I would voluntarily have gone through what these kids are going through, and I know for a fact that few if any of my teammates over the years would have even considered it if given a choice where they wouldn’t have lost any eligibility or their place on the team.
    agreed