Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Can someone explain this Covid business as it relates to BBall ? We have 3 guess quarantined for 2 weeks and play 5 games. Other schools ( Butler, etc) have 1 guy test positive and shut the whole program down for 2 weeks. What gives ?
    No one on the team has ever tested positive for Covid. The three guys were put in quarantine because they were in direct contact with someone who tested positive(non-basketball player) while testing negative the whole time.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Same year! That was in the Elite Eight. They went on to beat Louisville in the Final Four. At the time I was for Louisville. Looking back on it now, I'm glad Illinois beat them. At that young age I hadn't yet fully understood just how packed full of shit Rick Pitino was.
    I was at that final 4. Both semi games and the championship game.

I was a freshman at SLU and a buddy was a big UNC fan and his dad got 5 tickets for us and some of our buddies. That was an awesome national championship game.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Can someone explain this Covid business as it relates to BBall ? We have 3 guess quarantined for 2 weeks and play 5 games. Other schools ( Butler, etc) have 1 guy test positive and shut the whole program down for 2 weeks. What gives ?
    The difference was our 3 guys were not positive but were exposed to someone, not associated with the team, who was. That just requires them as individuals to quarantine, same recommendations for anyone in regular life.

Butler had someone on the team actually test positive, thus the whole team was exposed to that player and had to shut things down.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Tonight:
    UC won
    Toledo lost

Quick, someone needs to send the WAHMBULANCE to Durham! Is Cronin finished with it yet??

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski called on college basketball to consider whether it's best to continue playing during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I would just like for the safety, the mental and physical health of players and staff to assess where we're at," Krzyzewski said Tuesday night.

Krzyzewski's comments came after an 83-68 loss to Illinois and one of Duke's shakiest starts in years.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Quick, someone needs to send the WAHMBULANCE to Durham! Is Cronin finished with it yet??

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski called on college basketball to consider whether it's best to continue playing during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"I would just like for the safety, the mental and physical health of players and staff to assess where we're at," Krzyzewski said Tuesday night.

Krzyzewski's comments came after an 83-68 loss to Illinois and one of Duke's shakiest starts in years.
    Yeah, not the best timing. I'm not so sure that he's wrong, but the timing was bad. It also didn't help that he was the same guy that wanted to press on and even include all 358 teams (and probably some D2 and D3 teams on top of that) into the NCAA Tournament.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I guess John Calipari won't be on board with playing this season, either.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I guess John Calipari won't be on board with playing this season, either.
    He's 100% finding a way to cancel the Louisville game!

Mike Brey is gonna join Cal in calling for the season to be stopped. They suck.

Yea, not sure you can put too much stock in kenpom and Torvick during first half of December. They still have Kentucky at 43 and 47 respectively. Only win they’ve had was against Morehead St.