Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And that is the most damning aspect there could be.
    Book's situation is profoundly sad.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    And that is the most damning aspect there could be.
    Man that article is tough to read. Obviously his point of view is "My life as I knew it was ruined because of this witch hunt that ended up doing nothing to resolve the underlying problem that players should be able earn money off their likeness and I've done my time... F the NCAA with me 'helping' them ruin others lives." I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong but what a story of pulling yourself up by your shoestrings, making something of yourself and then have it all go away all the while never "really" hurting anyone... breaking rules which are paramount to keeping the playing field as level as possible in the current environment of college athletics... sure, it's a heavy price though. Maybe it's the right price to keep everyone else from trying to cheat the system. I hope he finds peace with his demons, after all it seems like he really enjoys working with the youth and helping them accomplish more than they otherwise would on their own.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Book's situation is profoundly sad.
    Yes, it is. He was punished way more than what he deserved. He was also in a situation, whether he fully realized it or not, that all of the shit was going to land on him if shit ever did hit the fan. Others who were just as responsible, or just as much in the know, didn't go to prison.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White