Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-Conference
    If the whole team needs to quarantine for one positive test, then you can forget any semblence of order. There will be many games canceled every week if that is the case.

You can already tell this is going to escalate into the winter. It's already happening now.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I am sure Xavier and the rest of the Big East will file that idea under the worst plan ever.
    At this point, the chances of everyone getting it are pretty high. Plus, it's not going away, even with a vaccine. The virus will be endemic.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    At this point, the chances of everyone getting it are pretty high. Plus, it's not going away, even with a vaccine. The virus will be endemic.
    many have likely already HAD and didn't know.....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Northwestern University ran a study, 20% of the blood samples had antibodies. Compared to what 4-5% for COVID test taken?

https://news.wttw.com/2020/10/12/nor...rus-antibodies

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Per the article....”since Aug.28 Marquette Athletics has administered 809 tests, with only 8 coming back as positive.”

So, no. The chances of everyone getting it is NOT pretty high. Actually the chance of NOT getting it is what is pretty high for anyone. Even if we go with the Northwestern study showing 20% with antibodies, that still leaves 80% without.

What’s pretty high is overreaction and panic on the part of some that causes unnecessary problems for others.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I am sure Xavier and the rest of the Big East will file that idea under the worst plan ever.
    Lighten up fella...I guess you missed the part where I said 'in all seriousness'
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    We all have had it or will get it sooner rather than later. Nobody dies now from covid , thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    We all have had it or will get it sooner rather than later. Nobody dies now from covid , thank God.
    They are getting better at treating it, and/or it’s becoming less lethal, but to say NOBODY dies from it is simply not true.

I’m less concerned than I used to be, but still taking reasonable precautions for the sake of myself and others. Fortunately my wife’s test came back negative today, but she still feels like crap and I’ve pulled out my 10 foot pole!

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Since February the US has a total of 8.2 million cases. About 1 million per month. The US population is about 350 million. At that rate, it would take 350 months for everyone to get it...that’s over TWENTY NINE YEARS. Anyone want to bet that we can’t find a vaccine long before that?

Didn’t any of you guys take a math class at X?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Since February the US has a total of 8.2 million cases. About 1 million per month. The US population is about 350 million. At that rate, it would take 350 months for everyone to get it...that’s over TWENTY NINE YEARS. Anyone want to bet that we can’t find a vaccine long before that?

Didn’t any of you guys take a math class at X?
    I owe old Easy Ike a debt of gratitude! Calculus was hard until somebody taught it right! Never take the head of a department for a class! They make it harder than it needs to be.