Thread: Gene Beaupre'

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

Gene Beaupre'

I don't know how many of you had the pleasure of participating in one of Gene's classes or living experiences. He passed away last week, and the memorial service was at Bellarmine this morning. The place was maskless, and packed, which made the whole environment slightly unnerving in this era of covid. There were faculty, administrators, family, politicians (Cranley and Springer among others), and loads of Xavier PPP honors students. Father Graham led the service, and it was a very moving experience for all of us who knew and loved Gene. He will be greatly missed by his Xavier family.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Lived down the hall from Gene in Husman. We had some times. Man, that guy loved philosophy. Quite a thinker. Sorry to hear of his passing.
    Not so funny Gene story. He rented a brand new Mustang for homecoming weekend (yeah, football), we picked up someone at Brockman and pulled out onto Ledgewood. He gunned it and immediately lost control on the slippery hill. Seemed like a slow motion slide all the way dowm the street until we broadsided a tree in front of the I can't remember the name residence house near the end of the street. He bent that Mustang in half but by some miracle nobody was hurt.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-04-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Gene was one of my favorite professors. He will be missed.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

This is so sad. Gene was a gentleman, a tremendous professor and an astute thinker. He was also a terribly valued mentor of mine for a long time. He gave his time freely and had as much influence over my time at Xavier as anyone. We'd lost touch over the last several years but I've thought of him, and Lynn, frequently. He was passionate about Xavier and the City of Cincinnati. His stories were hilarious, and I'm sure all of them were completely true. He was instrumental in my education on our need to serve fellow man. I wish I would have known sooner, I would have gladly made it back to school to honor his legacy. RIP Gene. You certainly will be missed.
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Woodburn View Post
    This is so sad. Gene was a gentleman, a tremendous professor and an astute thinker. He was also a terribly valued mentor of mine for a long time. He gave his time freely and had as much influence over my time at Xavier as anyone. We'd lost touch over the last several years but I've thought of him, and Lynn, frequently. He was passionate about Xavier and the City of Cincinnati. His stories were hilarious, and I'm sure all of them were completely true. He was instrumental in my education on our need to serve fellow man. I wish I would have known sooner, I would have gladly made it back to school to honor his legacy. RIP Gene. You certainly will be missed.
    Gene and Mike Ford were campus coordinators for the McGovern campaign. I was Xavier campus representative (mostly by default). It was a good experience working with both Mike and Gene. By the way, McGovern carried our precinct.